Obama being exposed as a phony and a loser

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
what ever room the obama walks into he's the least experienced man. Nothing more then a hand puppet for the eco-KOOKS and moveon.org.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Meh, I disagree. I think that he has done okay under the circumstances...just....okay. Not great by any means. There is plenty to criticize Obama for these days, but to say what the OP has said in the title or that he is unqualified for office is just unfounded.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
For the record, I actually voted for Obama.

However, even I can admit that Obama is attempting to play referee here and is perfectly content to let Congress duke it out. The problem is Congress is full of lawyers who don't know how to do anything other than argue with one another. He has to take control of this situation and push forward with a clear agenda of what he actually wants for this nation.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Meh, I disagree. I think that he has done okay under the circumstances...just....okay. Not great by any means. There is plenty to criticize Obama for these days, but to say what the OP has said in the title or that he is unqualified for office is just unfounded.

Agreed. He sure ain't what he said he was before he got elected. OTOH, The mental picture of MCCain and Palin taking over a crashed economy from their pal Bush gives me the willies.

edit - Free virtual brewskies all around on me. it's my 11th year anniversary on this forum. Alooooohaaaa!

Last edited:

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
and how would your Republican hero's do any better?

Not to defend the OP in any manner, but did you not notice he regrets not voting for Hillary instead? You need to realize that just because someone does not like Obama's performance, that does not make them a Republican!

I've said it before, this kind of blind loyalty to any party/ideology is just plain retarded, for lack of a better term. The degree of partisanship some people have is starting to look more like a religion, ironically.

edit: see the post above, he says he voted for Obama.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I'm never one to give the right-wingers praise, but they are sure looking right about Obama being wholly unqualified to hold office.

I simply cannot believe what a spineless, gutless, coward of a President he has been thus far. At a time when we need leadership, he is nowhere to be found. All his speeches have amounted to nothing that actually matters for the American people. I'm beyond furious at his failure to lead Congress and this nation and sincerely regret voting for him in the primaries over Hilary. I don't particularly care for Hilary, but I do know she would never bend over and whimper the way Obama is right now.

I dare say if this continues Obama deserves a boot after his first term. There is no excuse for his pathetic failure to lead at this very moment. No excuse.

I disagree with everything you wrote. Prove me wrong.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I'm never one to give the right-wingers praise, but they are sure looking right about Obama being wholly unqualified to hold office.

I simply cannot believe what a spineless, gutless, coward of a President he has been thus far. At a time when we need leadership, he is nowhere to be found. All his speeches have amounted to nothing that actually matters for the American people. I'm beyond furious at his failure to lead Congress and this nation and sincerely regret voting for him in the primaries over Hilary. I don't particularly care for Hilary, but I do know she would never bend over and whimper the way Obama is right now.

I dare say if this continues Obama deserves a boot after his first term. There is no excuse for his pathetic failure to lead at this very moment. No excuse.

Assuming all of the criticisms of Obama are twice as bad as you say, these are the same right-wingers who haven't put up a single candidate not far worse in spite of that.

IMO it's time for progressives to notice Obama lied to them - even if he is imperative to support over issues like Supreme Court appointments.

He can easily deserve a boot, but the country doesn't deserve the person who would replace him.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Not to defend the OP in any manner, but did you not notice he regrets not voting for Hillary instead? You need to realize that just because someone does not like Obama's performance, that does not make them a Republican!

I've said it before, this kind of blind loyalty to any party/ideology is just plain retarded, for lack of a better term. The degree of partisanship some people have is starting to look more like a religion, ironically.

edit: see the post above, he says he voted for Obama.

I don't understand your attack on this poster. I am very sympathetic to the OP but your post doesn't make sense to me.

I question my own preference for Obama over Hillary, and feel misled by Obama - but that doesn't change the issue with the alternative in 2012 being a Republican.

He didn't just talk about Hillary, he talked about not re-electing Obama. I think both those posters are right, and you're the one not making sense.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
For the record, I actually voted for Obama.

However, even I can admit that Obama is attempting to play referee here and is perfectly content to let Congress duke it out. The problem is Congress is full of lawyers who don't know how to do anything other than argue with one another. He has to take control of this situation and push forward with a clear agenda of what he actually wants for this nation.

Somebody has been watching Bill Maher

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
The only reasonable replacement for him would be Hilary Clinton, surely none of the Republican Assclowns running.

Hilary would have kicked some serious Republican ass.

It's bad enough now that she might run and win for 2012. Maybe Bill can tag along as VP. He could be the mediator between her and the repubs. Now that would be interesting.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
It's bad enough now that she might run and win for 2012. Maybe Bill can tag along as VP. He could be the mediator between her and the repubs. Now that would be interesting.

Yeah back when he was Pres he did to the Republicans what he did to Lewinsky. Man those were the good old days.:thumbsup:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

Nah, let's just vote the whole Tea Party into office and watch what happens to the country. But before we do, let's let them sign a contract stating that if they don't get the economy booming and our debt eliminated and our troops back home in the same amount of time they demanded Obama to do it in, they should ban themselves for eternity from ever invoving themselves in politics again.

Problem solved.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Obama is totally unqualified to be President, even after 2.5 years in office.

On every major issue he has placed himself out of the loop and allowed other to do all the work, this is not leadership.

He let congress write the stimulus, he let them write the healthcare bill and he was a mess on the debt ceiling debate where he never even offered his own plan.

Obama's problem is that he doesn't know how to be a leader. He has never held a position of leadership and responsibility.

It all comes from his background as a community organizer. He is really good at deconstructing others people arguments and points of view, but he can't offer one of his own. He can stand up and give a speech about how every thing Bush did was bad and why is was bad, but he can't turn around and come up with ideas to make things better.

At the rate he is going he will probably go down in history as one of the worst presidents of the post WW 2 era.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Nah, let's just vote the whole Tea Party into office and watch what happens to the country. But before we do, let's let them sign a contract stating that if they don't get the economy booming and our debt eliminated and our troops back home in the same amount of time they demanded Obama to do it in, they should ban themselves for eternity from ever invoving themselves in politics again.

Problem solved.
How about we just ask them to meet their promises?

Other than healthcare Obama hasn't really accomplished anything.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
and now is one of the most admired public figures in America.

Get off the cool aid Red. Hillary rode to the top on Bills coat tails, and when push came to shove, she got tossed overboard for a guy with no experience at anything. Come next election, her biggest problem is going to be washing away the stench of the current administration. Imagine trying to climb out from under that buss.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
I disagree with everything you wrote. Prove me wrong.

Trillion+ dollar of deficit, not one year, not two years but every single year he is in the office. First ever downgrade of American credit rating.

Oh and along with the rest of Democrats who controlled house, senate and white house until recently, don't have the balls and spine to take up responsibility and instead blame Bush, blame tea party, blame everyone except themselves.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
He didn't just talk about Hillary, he talked about not re-electing Obama. I think both those posters are right, and you're the one not making sense.

Well of course you do, that's what extremist partisan hacks do.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Obama is totally unqualified to be President, even after 2.5 years in office.

On every major issue he has placed himself out of the loop and allowed other to do all the work, this is not leadership.

He let congress write the stimulus, he let them write the healthcare bill and he was a mess on the debt ceiling debate where he never even offered his own plan.

Obama's problem is that he doesn't know how to be a leader. He has never held a position of leadership and responsibility.

It all comes from his background as a community organizer. He is really good at deconstructing others people arguments and points of view, but he can't offer one of his own. He can stand up and give a speech about how every thing Bush did was bad and why is was bad, but he can't turn around and come up with ideas to make things better.

At the rate he is going he will probably go down in history as one of the worst presidents of the post WW 2 era.

What a bunch of FUD. It isn't Obama or any other President's job to write legislation. That is Congress' job in case you missed that memo. Obama has had influence on the legislative process, but he isn't the one who is supposed to lead. Bohner and Reid are where you should currently place that blame. Now, if you have anything of substance on how he has failed to lead the Executive branch, we're all ears. Until then, ummm...liberal! community organizer! rablerabble! oogabooga!

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Trillion+ dollar of deficit, not one year, not two years but every single year he is in the office. First ever downgrade of American credit rating.

When you inherit a sinking, floundering ship like Obama inherited, it's hard to reverse course in any short amount of time. It's not like he entered office with a budget surplus and then managed to squander it completely within a couple of years.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
What a bunch of FUD. It isn't Obama or any other President's job to write legislation. That is Congress' job in case you missed that memo. Obama has had influence on the legislative process, but he isn't the one who is supposed to lead. Bohner and Reid are where you should currently place that blame. Now, if you have anything of substance on how he has failed to lead the Executive branch, we're all ears. Until then, ummm...liberal! community organizer! rablerabble! oogabooga!
BS. Presidents can do tons to influence congress and get what they want.

Reagan got his agenda passed without ever controlling congress.

Clinton shut government down because he wasn't happy with the GOP's balanced budget ideas. He also vetoed two welfare reform bills before signing the third one.

Bush 43 got everything he wanted, and I mean everything!

A strong and powerful president can get what HE wants. Obama on the other hand just sits back and lets them do all the work. He does NOT lead and has never lead on anything.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
He does NOT lead and has never lead on anything.

Pretty much. Obama is an empty suit, going through the motions without much of a clue. Just about the only thing he does take the lead on is blaming anyone else for his failures.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
BS. Presidents can do tons to influence congress and get what they want.

Reagan got his agenda passed without ever controlling congress.

Clinton shut government down because he wasn't happy with the GOP's balanced budget ideas. He also vetoed two welfare reform bills before signing the third one.

Bush 43 got everything he wanted, and I mean everything!

A strong and powerful president can get what HE wants. Obama on the other hand just sits back and lets them do all the work. He does NOT lead and has never lead on anything.

It doesn't mean that they should even though they can. You cannot compare Obama to Reagan in terms of the times and Congresses they had to deal with. You incorrectly blame Clinton for the government shutdown in '95, which had more to do with Gingrich and his buddies trying to force their agenda in lieu of compromise. Clinton was the superior statesman in that situation. Then, you cite Bush 43 in terms of a strong president, but most of us will agree that if that is the example, then a strong presidency is indeed harmful to the nation.