Obama as Vice President for Biden?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
and like homer said, you have to meet the qualifications for president and Obama is no longer eligible to run.
Being elegible to run is not the same as being elegible to hold the office.
It can be successfully argued, I believe, that being eligible to hold the office refers to the original requirements for holding the office of President, namely
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

The 10th Amendment talks of qualifications for running for the office, not holding it. The 10th Amendment can, and should, be seen as election law, not a constitutional requirement of the President. Otherwise, it creates the logical paradox that being elected President for a second term automatically makes him ineligible to hold the office he was just elected for and he therefor should automatically be removed from the office he is now ineligible to hold.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
I love going to Mount Rushmore and stating out loud; "Man, the Obama monument that is going to be built on top of the mount Rushmore is going to look GREAT! I wonder how big the Muslim Prayer Curtains will be to cover the faces of President below Obama's monument..??"

• Haha
Reactions: snoopy7548

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I love going to Mount Rushmore and stating out loud; "Man, the Obama monument that is going to be built on top of the mount Rushmore is going to look GREAT! I wonder how big the Muslim Prayer Curtains will be to cover the faces of President below Obama's monument..??"
Just wow....you still believe Obama is a muslim....
Allegations that Barack Obama secretly practices Islam,[1] or that he is the antichrist of Christian eschatology, have been suggested since he campaigned for the U.S. Senate in 2004 and proliferated after his election as President of the U.S. in 2008. As with conspiracy theories surrounding his citizenship status, the claims are promoted by various fringe theorists and political opponents,[2][3] with American bloggers and conservative talk radio hosts particularly promoting the theories.

Belief in these claims in the public sphere endured and, in some cases, even expanded during Obama's presidency according to the Pew Research Center, with 17% of Americans (including one third of conservative Republicans) believing him to be a Muslim in a 2012 poll.[4][5]

Barack Obama is a Protestant Christian. While in his twenties, Obama was involved with the Black churches. From 1992 until 2008, he was a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ—a Reformed denomination. Obama left it in the wake of the Jeremiah Wright controversy. Since 2008, he attends various Protestant churches, including Baptist, Methodist and Episcopalian churches.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Just wow....you still believe Obama is a muslim....
Allegations that Barack Obama secretly practices Islam,[1] or that he is the antichrist of Christian eschatology, have been suggested since he campaigned for the U.S. Senate in 2004 and proliferated after his election as President of the U.S. in 2008. As with conspiracy theories surrounding his citizenship status, the claims are promoted by various fringe theorists and political opponents,[2][3] with American bloggers and conservative talk radio hosts particularly promoting the theories.

Belief in these claims in the public sphere endured and, in some cases, even expanded during Obama's presidency according to the Pew Research Center, with 17% of Americans (including one third of conservative Republicans) believing him to be a Muslim in a 2012 poll.[4][5]

Barack Obama is a Protestant Christian. While in his twenties, Obama was involved with the Black churches. From 1992 until 2008, he was a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ—a Reformed denomination. Obama left it in the wake of the Jeremiah Wright controversy. Since 2008, he attends various Protestant churches, including Baptist, Methodist and Episcopalian churches.
I don't think he believes Obama is muslim.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
There is a bit of info that there is a percentile chance of it being Yang. Do to the whole endorsement thing that just happened.

=> YANG: I'm definitely open to working with Joe. We've actually talked about it.

There is a bit of history between Biden and Yang, which promotes that it is worth a look. Even if Biden doesn't want it, there is a chance Biden's campaign would opt for Yang. To simply get Sander's young voters at the general, once Bernie also nominates Biden. Yang also likely has the vote for the latest novel republicans. With it based on poll speculation; highly suggests that a Biden/Yang general would absolutely sweep the incumbant.
I think Yang would make a superb VP. Mayor Booty would be pretty good too, imo.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There is a bit of info that there is a percentile chance of it being Yang. Do to the whole endorsement thing that just happened.

=> YANG: I'm definitely open to working with Joe. We've actually talked about it.

There is a bit of history between Biden and Yang, which promotes that it is worth a look. Even if Biden doesn't want it, there is a chance Biden's campaign would opt for Yang. To simply get Sander's young voters at the general, once Bernie also nominates Biden. Yang also likely has the vote for the latest novel republicans. With it based on poll speculation; highly suggests that a Biden/Yang general would absolutely sweep the incumbant.
*yawn*

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
In order to by VP you have to meet qualifications for P and Barack already served 2 terms.

I would guess Michelle has had enough of Washington DC. She would be a great asset helping the likes of

Biden/Harris
Biden/Klobachur
Biden/Abrams

Yeah, he needs someone "fresh" anyway. Preferably female that leans farther left that he does.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
whether on not he's eligible he isn't going to join the ticket, so this is moot.

and like homer said, you have to meet the qualifications for president and Obama is no longer eligible to run.

this site says no
It's a little more complicated, you'd have to look at the 22nd also.

He's not allowed to be ELECTED president, but technically he is ELIGIBLE to be president. Or at least the 12th and 22nd could be interpreted that way.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Yeah, he needs someone "fresh" anyway. Preferably female that leans farther left that he does.

The only reason Biden is considered part of The Left is because a little more than a decade ago The Right sprinted so far from the center that you need a telescope to see it from there, leaving any one that is not outright crazy, a pedophile, or nakedly corrupt to be considered a part of the 'left' by default. In any reasonable political system Biden would be considered a middle of the road moderate.