Obama arrested for DUI, faces deportation

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
White women in the news are sensationalized when a brown or black person harms or kidnaps them. Otherwise, it's just "good ol' girls gone wild".

:rolleyes:

underage drinking in college is about as hidden as the washington monument. it was talked about at length and most people didnt care then. probably because most people did it when they were in college, except for ya know, those old enough to have legally drank at 18 and 19 :p

FWIW I dont think this story is really news either. beyond that its yet another illegal commiting crimes in the US and probably getting less punishment than a US Citizen

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Really? How can you make this statement? I don't know either way.

You're the one drawing the line connecting th two. Perhaps you should be the one who provides the proof?

Few years ago we arrested the husband of a local mayor of a larger city nearby for DUI. Upon arrest he made statements atempting to draw special treatment due to his "status". None were given, none were requested by anyone else and he was tried and sentenced like anyone else. I have no reason to believe this case will be any different. What influence did Obama exert when his aunt was facing deportation?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
You're the one drawing the line connecting th two. Perhaps you should be the one who provides the proof?

He may or may not have met this fellow or knew of him (contrasted to the definitive statement of "did not")
Nope but his uncle and I share the fact that neither of us have ever met the man.

Which of these is a definitive statement?

"He may or may not have" vs. "neither of us have ever met the man". Yes I'm suspicious however I don't know.

So how do you know he never met this person and why is my not knowing subject to the production of evidence?

You- "Obama never met this person"
Me- "I am unsure"
You- "Prove it!"

BTW, if Obama was found to be using his influence that's obstruction of justice and should be kicked as that's direct intercession. Before you counter with "you can't know that", no I don't. Don't try to spin that.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
<snip>
I have no reason to believe this case will be any different. What influence did Obama exert when his aunt was facing deportation?

When a relative is a candidate for the position of the President of the United States, do you really think any civil servant is going to sign off on a deportation order.

Doing so will get them transferred to a dead end clerical filing job in the middle of bumfuck Alaska to wait out until his retirement, the very next day. And he knows it. No more potential for advancement.

A politician can claim to have no intervention; however, the position that they hold will guarantee special care/handling in certain cases. Kennedy, Carter, Clinton, Bush all had internal family "scandals" that were swept under the rug because of the name.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Anyone else just old enough to remember Roger Clinton and his troubles while his older brother was in office? Kind of amazing that Bill emerged out of a household like that to inhabit the highest office in the land.

But this is different. Roger Clinton's issues (and to be fair.. the bush twins arrest) were not hot button national issues just embarrassments to the sitting President at the time.

Here we have an illegal immigrant (related to the president) who has a fake SSN, a DUI, has a deportation order, etc and a President who just announced he will not deport any illegals if they are law abiding. So what is going to happen?

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Absolutely nothing - who would have the guts to sign off on a deportation order?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
But this is different. Roger Clinton's issues (and to be fair.. the bush twins arrest) were not hot button national issues just embarrassments to the sitting President at the time.

Here we have an illegal immigrant (related to the president) who has a fake SSN, a DUI, has a deportation order, etc and a President who just announced he will not deport any illegals if they are law abiding. So what is going to happen?

We don't know that the SS number is fake. The guy has been in this country since 1963, apparently, and likely obtained it legally when he first entered.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma..._fugitive_from_deportation_since_1992/?page=1

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The answer is painfully simplistic but your outrage is getting in the way.

Indeed. Onyango's entry was entirely legal on a visa of some sort, at which time he obtained a SSN. Until this incident, it seems as if he's been a solid & hardworking if impecunious resident of this country.

It's truly shameful that Repubs want this guy's head on a plate, use this incident in an attempt to embarrass Barack Obama. It's also completely in character, sleaze being their stock in trade.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Expired work authorization.

Granted a SS to work by INS at the time with the understanding that he would leave the country as promised on a set date.

The uncle overstayed his welcome; which is typical of many illegals.

Jan 25, 2011
Indeed. Onyango's entry was entirely legal on a visa of some sort, at which time he obtained a SSN. Until this incident, it seems as if he's been a solid & hardworking if impecunious resident of this country.

It's truly shameful that Repubs want this guy's head on a plate, use this incident in an attempt to embarrass Barack Obama. It's also completely in character, sleaze being their stock in trade.

And to add there isn't a system in place that automatically cancels the SSN's at expiry of Visa's etc...

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

It's more of a shame that you'll divert from the fact that this guy is here illegally. He's not entitled to collect SS if he's not allowed here. That's fraud for which you or I could do 5 years in prison and no doubt would be punished. So are you saying that he should get a pass? I can believe that.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Of course we should deport the Uncle of Prez Obama, and dope slap Obama in the process. As soon as we deport him, skies will turn blue and mana will fall from heaven. And Lordie, we will all be saved.

I am totally convinced, just doing that simple step, will lead this country back to prosperity. If only we had electrocuted President Carter's brother Billy, we would not have bothered to elect an idiot like Ronald Reagan. We would be in a lot better shape. All the ills of our country are not caused by out Presidents, they are caused by the famdamily of our Presidents? Learn it and live it.

We need to amend our constitution, and be more like the Vatican, only celibate candidates for President with no living relatives should be allowed to run for the office of US president.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's more of a shame that you'll divert from the fact that this guy is here illegally. He's not entitled to collect SS if he's not allowed here. That's fraud for which you or I could do 5 years in prison and no doubt would be punished. So are you saying that he should get a pass? I can believe that.

WTF are you talking about? He's not collecting SS- he's paying in, has been for decades, and likely won't ever see a dime of it.

Don't let actual thought interfere with a good rant, OK?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
WTF are you talking about? He's not collecting SS- he's paying in, has been for decades, and likely won't ever see a dime of it.

Don't let actual thought interfere with a good rant, OK?

People don't realize that billions of dollars are put into the social security program on behalf of illegal immigrants - which they will never collect, contributing to society.

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
People don't realize that billions of dollars are put into the social security program on behalf of illegal immigrants - which they will never collect, contributing to society.

Still pounding the "illegals contribute to society" drum I see.

Honestly, I don't care how much they "contribute" they are illegal, plain and simple.