Obama and the Dems take a piece of the Rock

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Ah yes, the usual tactic of completely changing the subject when the issue at hand doesn't fit into one's neatly packed view of the world.

Well done werepossum, well done.
Why thank you - but I must confess it's easy when one's opponents don't recognize principles. LOL

For what it's worth, I actually agree that government should not be engaged in wealth redistribution, subsidizing one person's health insurance with another's confiscated money. But the irony in funding health care by defunding health care is simply delicious.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
o_O

ACORN helped people vote more than once?
Well, some minority precincts (Philadelphia and West Memphis spring to mind) have turned in more votes than they have eligible voters, so something is going on. And ACORN is under indictment in many states.

I think though that you might not understand the meaning of "by hook or by crook" - the saying refers to all means, not necessarily illegal means. It refers literally to a peasant's rights, at certain times, to harvest something (usually but not always firewood) reachable by a hook (i.e. cut by a scythe or sickle) or a crook (i.e. broken or raked in a shepherd's crooked staff.) The point is that Democrats in government fund ACORN because ACORN gets Democrats elected, and Democrat ideals enacted, by any means necessary. In and of itself that doesn't necessarily mean illegal means.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Sounds like these guys need to be hauled in before congress, more specifically in front of pigface waxman and explain themselves!

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I would much rather have the government incentivize business by offering them tax breaks rather than those companies simply dumping their retirees onto Medicare.

Thank you for being a sunny day conservative.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Cost of Corporate Welfare

1995: $85 billion

2002: $171 billion

Of course, this would only include spending programs, not tax preferences which is an entirely different matter.

As would be the trillions of dollars in 'loan guarantees' for nukular power, the Ex-Im Bank, etc. ....

--

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Cost of Corporate Welfare

1995: $85 billion

2002: $171 billion

Of course, this would only include spending programs, not tax preferences which is an entirely different matter.

As would be the trillions of dollars in 'loan guarantees' for nukular power, the Ex-Im Bank, etc. ....

--
I agree. All forms of welfare need to be taken away. Get rid of spending and the taxes associated with the welfare state and we won't need to give these guys any tax breaks because everyone else will have the same breaks.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Well, some minority precincts (Philadelphia and West Memphis spring to mind) have turned in more votes than they have eligible voters, so something is going on. And ACORN is under indictment in many states.
Oh, I see what you did there. You put two unrelated things right next to each other to make it seem like one has to do with the other.
I think though that you might not understand the meaning of "by hook or by crook" - the saying refers to all means, not necessarily illegal means. It refers literally to a peasant's rights, at certain times, to harvest something (usually but not always firewood) reachable by a hook (i.e. cut by a scythe or sickle) or a crook (i.e. broken or raked in a shepherd's crooked staff.) The point is that Democrats in government fund ACORN because ACORN gets Democrats elected, and Democrat ideals enacted, by any means necessary. In and of itself that doesn't necessarily mean illegal means.
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/acorn-and-the-census/