Obama AG now spying on the media

D

Deleted member 4644

Hm.. I was going to post this too, but I see you started a thread before me.

By the way, I really hate the title of your post. I agree that it is outrageous to have the gov't tap the AP like this. But really man, 99% sure Obama didn't actually order this to happen or even knew it was going on.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003

By the way, I really hate the title of your post. I agree that it is outrageous to have the gov't tap the AP like this. But really man, 99% sure Obama didn't actually order this to happen or even knew it was going on.

Because the Attorney General was appointed by Bush?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Then Obama has a clear mandate. Clear out the filth in our government. Make him the crusader, as he promised on day 1. He has failed to fulfill the vows he made, he needs to come clean on those failings and honestly strive hard to fix them.

Denying, blaming, and covering up will get him nowhere.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
loll troll.

really?

this is all the left has?

WTF is trollish about this?

Are so far up Obama's ass that you'd let the asshole get away with anything?

If I posted a story that Obama raped your mom, and there was footage. You'd come out and call me a troll. That's how fucked up you are.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I thought you righties were so concerned about security leaks? Do you not want them to investigate these leaks or is this another case of "Obama did it so now we must be outraged".

It's hard following you guys.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
I thought you righties were so concerned about security leaks? Do you not want them to investigate these leaks or is this another case of "Obama did it so now we must be outraged".

It's hard following you guys.

You always seem to be confused about the discussion topic.

Here's a hint, the problem is with you.

MaxPayne63

Dec 19, 2011
People still think government is accountable to anyone?

My prediction: A few weeks of back and forth zingers and gotchas on cable news until the networks switch to live coverage of a cloud that looks like a unicorn.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You always seem to be confused about the discussion topic.

Here's a hint, the problem is with you.

By all means please go a head and clarify what this discussion is about because it's certainly isn't in the OP.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Yet another BS title by a resident hack... Par for the course at P&N where accurate titles are no longer a requirement.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
By all means please go a head and clarify what this discussion is about because it's certainly isn't in the OP.

you on the left must be waiting for your talking points.

Or do you agree the government should be going on witch hunts trying to find someone that told a reporter something they don't approve of.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The President is actually a very stupid man. He's not a leader, not an administrator, not a manager. He has no idea how to cut his losses, how to pivot and make tactical choices to fix his employee's failings. By denying and deflecting he makes these his own failings through cover up.

He needs to be a man and take charge. I thought he was a great communicator, let's hear him communicate that. This can be his crusade to clean up Washington, instead it'll be Washington's crusade to clean up him.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
you on the left must be waiting for your talking points.

Or do you agree the government should be going on witch hunts trying to find someone that told a reporter something they don't approve of.

Is it a witch hunt or an investigation?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Any way you slice it, this looks really bad for Obama.

This sounds very Ashcroftian, and pretty much anyone will admit that there was very little to come out of Ashcroft's office that wasn't dangling form the strings of Cheney, Rove and Bush.

Say what you will, but these type of orders, as far as I know, can not come without the president's approval.

If he truly has nothing to do with it--if this is an overstepping of his orders--then he can't merely deflect. He needs to outright punish some people.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Is it a witch hunt or an investigation?

from the nbc nightly news story. more of a witch hunt by a butt hurt Obama

the obama administration was furious about that leak, claiming it jeopardized national security . to find out who might have been the leaker, the a.p. claims the justice department obtained lists of incoming and outgoing phone calls from a.p. editors and reporters as well as reporters' personal phone numbers over a two-month period. normally justice department rules require that to be personally approved by the attorney general

heres the link http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/51871291/#51871291

So if the justice department followed the rules. the AG would have to approve it. the AG that then directly reports to Obama.

but you on the left are right. Obama is so stupid he has no idea what his people are doing.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
from the nbc nightly news story. more of a witch hunt by a butt hurt Obama

heres the link http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/51871291/#51871291

So if the justice department followed the rules. the AG would have to approve it. the AG that then directly reports to Obama.

but you on the left are right. Obama is so stupid he has no idea what his people are doing.

Lol a national security leak is now considered something to get butt hurt about?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
How can we expect our government to protect us from evil corporations if we disallow actions of these types? They are only doing what needs to be done to protect us. Fox is already outside of the fold. We can't have too many news aggregators not following the directive of central command. It's for our own good.

Chris A

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
How can we expect our government to protect us from evil corporations if we disallow actions of these types? They are only doing what needs to be done to protect us. Fox is already outside of the fold. We can't have too many news aggregators not following the directive of central command. It's for our own good.

Lol funny stuff :)

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
what's inaccurate?

Just running out of ways to defend the liar in chief?

Um, the Title. Um, didn't vote for him 2x. Um, inaccurate titles aren't reserved for Obama, only. I guess telling the truth isn't your strong suit, was this a common theme for you when Bush was president, too? Will wait for your links to Obama ordering this, until then you thread title is an outright lie.

EDIT: "The WH Monday said that other than press reports in had no knowledge of the Justice Departments atttempts to seek AP phone records".

So you still going to run with this thread title?

Last edited:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I can think of several reasons for you to lie in your thread title... Pst, the hack is you. Trying to deflect is pathetic and more par for the course of your ilk. Try and have some integrity. Reported.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
Sometimes I'd rather of a handful of us running the country, but then of course sometimes I wouldn't.