Obama’s Tax Evaders of the Year

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I think you are missing the point. Liberals like to tell others to pay more while using the same cheats and evasions to pay as little as possible.

Its not cheating when it is perfectly legal and expecting them to pay more than they are legally required is retarded regardless of their position on tax rates.

Edit: For comparisons sake, that is akin to expecting people who think taxes are to high to instead pay the rate they think they should and potentially face criminal charges.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I think you are missing the point. Liberals like to tell others to pay more while using the same cheats and evasions to pay as little as possible.

As I said in another post, I'm not missing anything.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
So I'm not particularly familiar with Michelle Malkin, but after reading the article I have one question. Is she legally developmentally disabled or does she just pretend to be for her articles?

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
As I said in another post, I'm not missing anything.

I think you are. Or are trying to change the subject. Did you bother reading the article? If you did, you would understand the topic of the conversation. Rich liberals who are doing what they can to not pay taxes while proposing everybody else chip in more.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I think you are. Or are trying to change the subject. Did you bother reading the article? If you did, you would understand the topic of the conversation. Rich liberals who are doing what they can to not pay taxes while proposing everybody else chip in more.

That is not accurate. They are proposing that EVERYONE in a certain group, including THEMSELVES, should all pay more at the same time. The people in the OPs list are not advocating that they should not be forced to pay higher taxes as well.

Perhaps it was just poorly worded on your part but I thought that needed to be cleared up a bit.

For the record, I think we are in such a bind that I believe everyones taxes in every tax bracket should go up due to our spending versus revenue not being sustainable in the least and the lack of political will to cut spending even a little bit. With that said, I sure as hell ain't paying a red cent more than I am legally required because if I did it would be nothing more than symbolic and would leave me poorer. In other words, it would be friggen retarded.

They even threw in a publicly traded company FFS, aren't they supposed to attempt to maximize profits for its shareholders regardless what political beliefs the CEO or its employees have? Would you invest in a company that did absolutely retarded shit with its capital?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

You have as much of a right to be wrong as anyone else.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Sorry to disappoint you, but St. Warren Buffet isn't going to pay much more than he did before the new law passed. The uber rich made sure, at least this round, that their taxes didn't go up much. Why? Because they make their money on their assets, not earned income like the we peasants do. St. Buffet will very likely still be paying less overall taxes than his secretary. Same with most of the trust fund uber rich celeb brats. Buffet's sitting back laughing at all of you idiots that sucked up the class envy shtick.

That is not accurate. They are proposing that EVERYONE in a certain group, including THEMSELVES, should all pay more at the same time. The people in the OPs list are not advocating that they should not be forced to pay higher taxes as well.

Perhaps it was just poorly worded on your part but I thought that needed to be cleared up a bit.

For the record, I think we are in such a bind that I believe everyones taxes in every tax bracket should go up due to our spending versus revenue not being sustainable in the least and the lack of political will to cut spending even a little bit. With that said, I sure as hell ain't paying a red cent more than I am legally required because if I did it would be nothing more than symbolic and would leave me poorer. In other words, it would be friggen retarded.

They even threw in a publicly traded company FFS, aren't they supposed to attempt to maximize profits for its shareholders regardless what political beliefs the CEO or its employees have? Would you invest in a company that did absolutely retarded shit with its capital?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Sorry to disappoint you, but St. Warren Buffet isn't going to pay much more than he did before the new law passed. The uber rich made sure, at least this round, that their taxes didn't go up much. Why? Because they make their money on their assets, not earned income like the we peasants do. St. Buffet will very likely still be paying less overall taxes than his secretary. Same with most of the trust fund uber rich celeb brats. Buffet's sitting back laughing at all of you idiots that sucked up the class envy shtick.

I seem to recall that one of the stipulations in the fiscal cliff compromise included an increase on capital gains from 15 to 20% for those who make over a certain amount via capital gains. I believe the amount is $500k. So in that case Buffet will actually be paying a large amount more in taxes each year.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
You have as much of a right to be wrong as anyone else.

He has as much of a right to be wrong, but he is certainly abusing the hell out of that right. This thread has shown me even more than I already suspected that trying to teach a conservative is like trying to teach a mildly mentally retarded howler monkey. All they do is scream and throw shit and in the end they learn nothing.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
Republicans are advocating reform to close many loopholes to make sure large profitable corporations pay their "fair share". They want to offset this with reductions in marginal rates so that the net effect on tax revenue is close to zero.

So taxes for thee but not for me?