Oasis - WTF happened to them anyway?

SackOfAllTrades

Diamond Member
May 7, 2000
I'm a big fan also. From what I hear, they are working on their next album, still compiling songs together etc.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
As the band was recording their fourth album in the summer of 1999, Bonehead left Oasis, claiming that he wanted to spend more time with his family. Interviewed by NME on August 11, the day after the parting was made public, Noel Gallagher seemed unfazed: "It's hardly Paul McCartney leaving the Beatles." Ex-Ride guitarist Andy Bell and onetime Heavy Stereo guitarist Gem Archer signed on after the recording of 2000's Standing on the Shoulder of Giants was completed. In fall 2000, the band celebrated their monumental world tour success with the release of their first-ever live record, Familiar To Millions. The album highlights Oasis' July 2000 gig at Wembley Stadium and was released on six different formats including CD and cassette, DVD, VHS, Triple Vinyl, and Mini Disc. Two years later, Oasis surfaced with Heathen Chemistry. Worldwide dates coincided the release of Oasis' fifth studio album, however problems loomed ahead. While touring America in late summer, Noel Gallagher, Andy Bell and touring keyboardist Jay Darlington were injured in Indianapolis after their taxi collided head on with another vehicle. Oasis were back on the road in two weeks time after cancelling shows in Indianapolis, Boston and Philadelphia shows, but the album wasn't doing as well as the tour. First single "Hindu Times" barely made a mark on MTV and struggled to cling to mainstream and college radio until fall. In December 2002, Liam Gallagher and a few other members of the Oasis entourage were involved in a street scuffle in Munich. The younger Gallagher sustained facial injuries and was later arrested while two of the band's security guards sought serious medical attention. A second single, "Songbird", was issued in late winter 2003.

SackOfAllTrades

Diamond Member
May 7, 2000
"We'll take the rest of the year off and the best part of 2004 will probably be spent in the studio, but I'm not in any rush, to be honest, I haven't really talked about a new album yet. So I would have thought at the end of 2004, beginning of 2005. " he[Noel Gallagher] told Heat magazine.

nativesunshine

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2003
maybe the brothers killed each other?

i always remember reading about them hating each other b/c liam or noel or whatever his name is got more attention than the other brother.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Liam got his teeth knocked out while I was in England. The papers just ripped him apart for it. It was hilarious.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Liam got his teeth knocked out while I was in England. The papers just ripped him apart for it. It was hilarious.

I couldn't stand em

a few decent songs...but seeing them in interviews or even stage presence was sick
so stuck up and arrogant..........so.......well, i don't want to get banned for the G word