NZXT Kraken x62 w/ Maximus X Hero Z370 Motherboard ram clearance.

Feb 4, 2014
Hello, I have a Maximus X Hero Z370 motherboard and I was wondering if the Kraken x62 cooler would clear the ram provided that all four DIMMs are populated. I have heard that it is a tight fit, but is there a lot of pressure on the first ram module?

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
I don't see how it would be a tight fit given the bracket is about the same size as the stock Intel mounting system. Unless they're talking about the tubing touching the RAM. In which case you can just rotate the orientation of the pump so the tubing isn't on that side.

Feb 4, 2014
Sorry, I meant mounting it in its standard orientation. Was wondering if it was possible and how much pressure it puts on the first DIMM?

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
On my Crosshair VI Hero I had minor contact with the tubing against my RAM. That said, I didn't realize that you can mount it on there almost any way you want. You can re-orient the bracket on the block so that the tubes extend under or over the water block (or to the left side if you want, it's up to you). It's simply worth noting that the NZXT logo is fixed, and so the logo will be rotated as well. On my wife's build, we rotated the block a little so that the water tubing exits at about 45 degrees. from the block. It tilts the NZXT logo accordingly, but she doesn't mind at all, and removes any possibility of cramping the DIMMs.