NYT suggests Palin vetting process a disaster

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

andy04

Dec 14, 2006
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
Originally posted by: andy04
This is going to be an amusing election. Palin is a joke. McCain is a joke.

They should have picked Pawlenty, at least he would have added a smidgen of "Republican" to that old-fart cold-war idiot McCain by being a budget hawk.

However, "Republicans" don't want that, they want wedge issue religious fanatics.

It's pathetic that the party has come down to picking zealots over small government and fiscal responsibility.

I fell it will be interesting even after the elections are over. After the "jokes" loose, it will be interesting to see how a corrupt black muslim leader turns this country into a joke

Certainly a lesser joke than the zealous "born again" frat boy failed businessman lead by a bunch of cold war idiots who wanted a unified executive and a sandbox to play in. Meanwhile, those same idiots increased our debt by 80%, despite being "Republicans" (what a fucking joke, Jefferson (small government, no debt), is rolling in his grave). They've nearly bankrupted the country and destroyed our international good will. They've destroyed rights and took us from the bastion of freedom and free speech, to the laughing stock of the world when it comes to espousing righteous moral highground.

Even if he were a muslim, so what? Since when did that ban anybody from leading a country? Ohhh wait, only to bigots it does.

However, he isn't a muslim and there isn't one shred of proof that he is.

Drape yourself in the flag while hating diverse people and opinions, bigot, because that's exactly what your masters want.

This country went into recession bcoz dems before bush opened up our country to trade and made environmental policies so strict that US businesses were in no position to compete globally. BTW that didnt solve jack. The pollution went to other parts of the globe and our country was raped in the name of free trade non of the other country?s open their borders for us.
Bill even had an opportunity to kill OBL which he chickened out of or maybe didnt pay attention coz he was too busy with monica. If he would have got him we wouldnt have 911.
Once it happened Bush couldnt just sit there... I do agree that he went too far... So hes not the only one to blame... Learnt to accept consequences of your action too "bigot".

BHO has been cheered by Muslin extremist organization and he was born to a Muslim father... wake up dude... from the trance your master put you in

Sep 14, 2005
Originally posted by: RKDaley

They should have picked Pawlenty, at least he would have added a smidgen of "Republican" to that old-fart cold-war idiot McCain by being a budget hawk.

However, "Republicans" don't want that, they want wedge issue religious fanatics.

It's pathetic that the party has come down to picking zealots over small government and fiscal responsibility.

I fell it will be interesting even after the elections are over. After the "jokes" loose, it will be interesting to see how a corrupt black muslim leader turns this country into a joke

Certainly a lesser joke than the zealous "born again" frat boy failed businessman lead by a bunch of cold war idiots who wanted a unified executive and a sandbox to play in. Meanwhile, those same idiots increased our debt by 80%, despite being "Republicans" (what a fucking joke, Jefferson (small government, no debt), is rolling in his grave). They've nearly bankrupted the country and destroyed our international good will. They've destroyed rights and took us from the bastion of freedom and free speech, to the laughing stock of the world when it comes to espousing righteous moral highground.

Even if he were a muslim, so what? Since when did that ban anybody from leading a country? Ohhh wait, only to bigots it does.

Drape yourself in the flag while hating diverse people and opinions, bigot, because that's exactly what your masters want.

Well said, LegendKiller. :thumbsup:

My sentiments exactly. Obama may not be everyone's cup of tea, but 4 more years of republican control is just unfathomable to me. I haven't seen any legitimate arguments against Obama yet since all the republican arguments are completely undercut by their performance the last 8 years. How can anyone criticize Obama for raising taxes? At least the populace may see some benefit from it in the form of healthcare and education, for the last 8 years our tax dollars and excessive borrowing have been used to fight wars and line the pockets of oil, big business, and war profiteers.

Boggles the mind that they are so close in the polls.

Regarding Palin, I think it's cool. I disagree with all of her views, but I like her integrity and attitude. While her daughter's issues may be anecdotal evidence that abstinence only eduction isn't effective, it doesn't influence my opinion of her as a worthy person. Parents only have so much control. Regarding trooper gate, RHIP.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
This country went into recession bcoz dems before bush opened up our country to trade and made environmental policies so strict that US businesses were in no position to compete globally. BTW that didnt solve jack. The pollution went to other parts of the globe and our country was raped in the name of free trade non of the other country?s open their borders for us.

Great position. Where did you find it? "How to be a RINO tool 101"? How about "RINO for Idiots"?

This country goes through recessions as a natural regression to boom periods. Boom periods often take on a zealous position of over-growth, in excess, of natural and sustainable long-term growth. Those over-growth periods are moderated by recessions and are caused by natural human responses to euphoric "good times" feelings.

We had a "boom" during the .bombs and the following recession was a healthy reaction. We are now in a recession because idiots, like Bush, tried to pull us out of that healthy reaction through debt. Federal, state, and personal debt. This was possible through the elimination of laws and regulations put into place in the 1930s, following the last credit bubble. Those laws were eliminated by Republicans, for their Republican lobbyists.

Bush then tried to keep up the sham by putting through "rebates", which were nothing more than loans from China, the same people you say are being helped by "globalization". Did you know that McCain is a huge supporter of Globalization? Oops, too bad for your tool-ish slavish adherenace to "Republicans".

Bill even had an opportunity to kill OBL which he chickened out of or maybe didnt pay attention coz he was too busy with monica. If he would have got him we wouldnt have 911.

Another moronic play from the RINO tool box. Tactical decisions not to go after OBL were made on the spot. They missed him several times and treated him seriously. A couple times Bill didn't go in because it endangered lives.

What did Bush and the RINOs do when they got into office? Igonored OBL and went, instead, after Saddam. Sorry, you lose.

Once it happened Bush couldnt just sit there... I do agree that he went too far... So hes not the only one to blame... Learnt to accept consequences of your action too "bigot".

Me, a bigot? How? I do not descriminate based upon religion, race, or creed. You do.

BHO has been cheered by Muslin extremist organization and he was born to a Muslim father... wake up dude... from the trance your master put you in

So fucking what? Bush has been cheered by OBL because he is accomplishing OBLs goal, to bankrupt this country. McCain is doing the same damn thing.

Who cares if he was born to a muslim father? He isn't a muslim, he is Christian.

Your masters are the one who brainwashed you. They brainwashed you into thinking economically, socially, internationally, and religiously.

You're the classical definition of a RINO, a person wrapped up in tangential issues that you really know nothing about. You take your ignorant soundbites from your masters and beg for more like a whipped dog.

It's pathetic. Jefferson would be ashamed by what the Republicans have come to.

andy04

Dec 14, 2006
This country went into recession bcoz...

Great position. Where did you find it? "How to be a RINO tool 101"? How about "RINO for Idiots"?...

Lets say I agree to all the stuff that you said... That still does not explain how an inexperienced baboon can make things better. Till now i have not heard any credible ideas from him for the improvement of any angle of this country. All I have heard is blah blah spins on every issue.
Atleast with McCain I know what I am getting into and I know he has plans like Bush and given a chance he will try to make things better. Bush made a bad situation worst, all of it is not his fault.
BHO will do exactly what the congress did in the past 2 years, sit on his racist extremist ass and gobble up tax payer's money, after all he will have to pay back what he is getting.
McCain will do it too but he is taking less. All politicians are same pile of shit atleast with McCain I know what I am getting into, he already has lot of money so maybe he wont be as corrupt want have to pay as much back to special interest groups.
I will say again, I will be a BIG mistake to put that racist corrupt idiot in office.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005

Great position. Where did you find it? "How to be a RINO tool 101"? How about "RINO for Idiots"?...

Lets say I agree to all the stuff that you said... That still does not explain how an inexperienced baboon can make things better. Till now i have not heard any credible ideas from him for the improvement of any angle of this country. All I have heard is blah blah spins on every issue.
Atleast with McCain I know what I am getting into and I know he has plans like Bush and given a chance he will try to make things better. Bush made a bad situation worst, all of it is not his fault.
BHO will do exactly what the congress did in the past 2 years, sit on his racist extremist ass and gobble up tax payer's money, after all he will have to pay back what he is getting.
McCain will do it too but he is taking less. All politicians are same pile of shit atleast with McCain I know what I am getting into, he already has lot of money so maybe he wont be as corrupt want have to pay as much back to special interest groups.
I will say again, I will be a BIG mistake to put that racist corrupt idiot in office.

A quick bit of advice for you....when you are in a hole, stop digging!

You are proving yourself to be the racist/bigot that LK has described you as by calling Obama a "baboon".

The fact that you haven't heard any credible ideas isn't because they haven't been presented to you, it's because you refuse to listen. And if "knowing what you are getting" is so great, why would anyone have changed....ever?

I'm sure that you think that everything would still be great if not for those coloreds stirring up the pot during the 50s-60s so that we could have what we always had...but times change. Most people change also. People like you that long for what you always had and get what you deserve usually die out like the dinosaurs or other species that were unable to adapt to the reality of the world around them.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

Wow! The Kool-Aid is strong in this one. LK just deconstructed everything he said, yet this tool revels in his ignorance. This is why America get such corrupt and incompetent government.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

So, effectively, you're more willing to just shut your eyes when you know the trajectory we are heading to is off of a cliff, than let somebody else try?

How was it not Bush's fault? He is commander in chief.

Obama is a racist now? Since when is he racist? let me ask you, do you hang out with people who's ideas are a copy of your own? I don't. I'd love for you to show a racist quote from him (not his pastor).

We know McCain's proposals add 4.5TR to our debt, while Obama's add 3.3TR.

Where is Obama corrupt? His house? Ooohh, big deal. McCain had Keating Five. His "character" is a sham, he was a drunk and a man-whore who cheated on his "fat" "ugly" disfigured wife who still, even today, loves him. He has an anger problem and wants a return of the cold war. He isn't a "middle-class man", he's a rich asshole who can't even count his houses.

Idiot? McCain graduated 5th from the bottom at Annapolis. Many say he only passed because of his father and grandfather. Obama graduated near or at the top from two of the best schools in the world.

I am only seeing some of the easily refuted RINO hack jobs from the same old toolbox. You've really got nothing against Obama except for wedge issues. It's why you resort to "baboon" or "I know what I get" or claims of "racist" or the stupid and many times refuted "muslim". You've really got nothing at all but ignorance and foolishness.

This is exactly why this country is in decline. You've got nothing but ignorant smears against Obama, while you exalt McCain.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Infidel

My sentiments exactly. Obama may not be everyone's cup of tea, but 4 more years of republican control is just unfathomable to me. I haven't seen any legitimate arguments against Obama yet since all the republican arguments are completely undercut by their performance the last 8 years. How can anyone criticize Obama for raising taxes? At least the populace may see some benefit from it in the form of healthcare and education, for the last 8 years our tax dollars and excessive borrowing have been used to fight wars and line the pockets of oil, big business, and war profiteers.

Regarding Palin, I think it's cool. I disagree with all of her views, but I like her integrity and attitude. While her daughter's issues may be anecdotal evidence that abstinence only eduction isn't effective, it doesn't influence my opinion of her as a worthy person. Parents only have so much control. Regarding trooper gate, RHIP.

I'd take 4 years of repub control to 4 years of the country getting tossed into the crapper.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Infidel

Who was the candidate again who voted for the bush energy plan putting money in the pocket of big oil? Was it McCain or was it Obama I wonder.

The government can have another shot at health care when it gets it current programs fixed. I sure the hell don't want medicare level of coverage for my family.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: lupi
I'd take 4 years of repub control to 4 years of the country getting tossed into the crapper.

Too bad they are one and the same.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
She's also pushing moderates away.
There are a lot of undecided moderates out there right now...I don't think Palin will necessarily push moderates away from McCain.

Moderates do not share one ideology...it is doubtful that McCain/Palin would pull urban liberal moderates, but they could pull rural Reagan Democrats and libertarians.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001

Isn't that what 7 year of Repub control has done?

I'm buying tickets for the slow train, yall feel free to travel on the express line.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

Isn't that what 7 year of Repub control has done?

I'm buying tickets for the slow train, yall feel free to travel on the express line.

Yeah, 4.5TR in debt (McCain) vs $3.3TR in debt (Obama) is so much slower!

Then there's good 'ol Palin. She amassed $22MM of debt for a city of 5,000, or 2,200 per head. That's almost 700BN per year for this country per year, or an additional 2.8TR over a full term.

That's not even including the amount of money she lobbied to get in government cheese.

Yup, some great spend-tax-and-debt "Republicans" ya got there.