NYPD Explorer plows through protester crowd.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Trump is a bad guy, everyone knows this. But he’s not an excuse to be used to shield yourself from responsibility. That’s just sick.
Your the one who said that...
It is agreed we have a President who has done nothing and said little to help the situation!

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
White people storming a state capitol with semi-auto long guns caused a legislature to flee the building and minimal police response. If armed black people stormed a capital building the Air Force would drop a JDAM on them.
Protesters with firearms exercising their legal rights show up to the state capital and no one gets hurt. Other protesters show up to various cities and stores get robbed, people get attacked, and buildings get burnt down. I guess some people like race baiting and using "the truth" instead of facts.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Protesters with firearms exercising their legal rights show up to the state capital and no one gets hurt. Other protesters show up to various cities and stores get robbed, people get attacked, and buildings get burnt down. I guess some people like race baiting and using "the truth" instead of facts.

The Police chose to escalate one of those scenarios.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It`s okay!1 We know in your eyes the Police are perfect and there is no double standard for people of color! We get it! The problem is you don`t get it!

Reactions: DarthKyrie and FaaR

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Oh and DeBlasio went on the record defending the cops who tried to run people down in the OP's video. To say that lots of people are now calling for his political head would be an understatement.

Did they "try to run people down?" Was someone hurt?

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
No, no one was hurt, blame on both sides, not a smart idea to pepper the car with bottles and anything else, it was motionless at the time. Still a risky and unneeded maneuver in that situation though.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
And in Seatle a cop pinned a looter down using his knee on the guys neck. A fellow officer lifted the cop up off the persons neck after half a minute or something. I get it, the looter had stolen a phone or something from the t-mobile store. But to do the same shit people were up in arms about? The cop was just being an ass-shit here because, why not?

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
It's not the point if someone was hurt or not. It's an incredibly dangerous thing to do to drive a car through a throng of people like that. All it takes is someone in the crowd stumbling and they end up under the vehicle, with all that entails. It's a totally needless escalation to shove a bunch of people with a friggin car. It is being totally disrespectful of these peoples' lives and health. It's an authoritarian dickhead cop move and the driver needs to be fired and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

I also get a good lol when a conservative trumper all of a sudden wants to use facts, lol. or should i say alt-facts

Reactions: JEDIYoda

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
And in Seatle a cop pinned a looter down using his knee on the guys neck. A fellow officer lifted the cop up off the persons neck after half a minute or something. I get it, the looter had stolen a phone or something from the t-mobile store. But to do the same shit people were up in arms about? The cop was just being an ass-shit here because, why not?
Because the Cops do shit all the time they know they are not suppose to do! After all they are immune to prosecution!

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

This comes down to 2 main things, IMO. First, the type of personality / people typically selected to be cops. Second, their training. They've been militarized, not just in gear, but also in mentality and methods. It doesn't help that it's encouraged by leaders in 'Murica, and a huge portion of the population (we know who).

When you intertwine this with systemic racial bias, you get what we have now. Over and over and over. The problem has been ongoing for centuries in our country, it's just been enunciated with modern technology shedding light on it.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Police destroying their own vehicles. Good luck explaining this one away.

A lot of fuckery from police and white rioters. Vids of cops throwing up white power hand signs while other cops cheer them on. Trying to arrest a black FBI agent. This shit is going to blow up in their faces. You cannot get away with this shit in the year 2020, everyone has a camera now.

Reactions: FaaR

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
People have already discovered a cop that was undercover purposefully starting some of the looting to incite the protesters.

maxresdefault.jpg

I hate people who keep closing their eyes and yell omg, looters are bad, look at these bad actors. Half the time, looters have been pushed to that point because either cops were beating them with baton sticks or hitting them to tear gas, or instigated from undercover police agents like this. Is looting bad? Yeah, but guess what, until the BIGGER problem which is our fucked up police force goes through an entire overhaul, looting is not the worst issue. People who think looting is worse than what our militarized police force are doing now should check their own priorities and thinking.

Last edited:

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
People have already discovered a cop that was undercover purposefully starting some of the looting to incite the protesters.

maxresdefault.jpg

I hate people who keep closing their eyes and yell omg, looters are bad, look at these bad actors. Half the time, looters have been pushed to that point because either cops were beating them with baton sticks or hitting them to tear gas, or instigated from undercover police agents like this. Is looting bad? Yeah, but guess what, until the BIGGER problem which is our fucked up police force goes through an entire overhaul, looting is not the worst issue. People who think looting is worse than what our militarized police force are doing now should check their own priorities and thinking.
Dont want to even grace this accusation with the space to refute it, but it is so egregious that I feel I must address it.
The "umbrella man" was identified by police as a white supremacist involved in several other incidents. NOT A POLICE OFFICER.
link

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Dont want to even grace this accusation with the space to refute it, but it is so egregious that I feel I must address it.
The "umbrella man" was identified by police as a white supremacist involved in several other incidents. NOT A POLICE OFFICER.
link

Yep, afaik, umbrella man was not a LEO. That's not to say that LE doesn't have white supremacists, just not this guy tmk

Reactions: pmv