NYPD Explorer plows through protester crowd.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I just saw this on CNN and couldn't believe that they actually did this. The guy puts the front of his suv up against a barrier and then plows into the crowd with it. Just amazingly stupid!

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Apparently those guys didn't get the memo. Driving over people at a protest is not OK. Oh wait, they're cops, they're used to getting away with murder.

Watching police use excessive force / brutality at protests brought on by police brutality just reinforces the already existing notion of who the police force tends to hire and what they're trained to do.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
It *might* have been an accident? Almost have to believe that .. who would do that.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
There are some unreal videos of the police last night that are going to reach the masses today and just make things even worse. We are in for some dark days ahead of us.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
There are some unreal videos of the police last night that are going to reach the masses today and just make things even worse. We are in for some dark days ahead of us.

I've seen some of it and a lot is simply impossible to justify and makes the whole point of this situation clear. Excessive force, force without provocation, targeting of the press, etc. If the idea was to exhibit professionalism and that the protesters/rioters don't have a legitimate grievance then many (though not all) departments utterly failed.

Reactions: FaaR

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Oh and DeBlasio went on the record defending the cops who tried to run people down in the OP's video. To say that lots of people are now calling for his political head would be an understatement.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Oh and DeBlasio went on the record defending the cops who tried to run people down in the OP's video. To say that lots of people are now calling for his political head would be an understatement.

DeBlasio: “I blame President Trump for creating this environment!”

Also DeBlasio: “The cops driving into the crowd did nothing wrong!”

This guy needs to get cancelled. Now. Bye bye.

Reactions: MtnMan

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Was coming to post that. Asking people to wear a mask in public? Tyranny. Police opening fire on people standing on their own porch. A OK.

White people storming a state capitol with semi-auto long guns caused a legislature to flee the building and minimal police response. If armed black people stormed a capital building the Air Force would drop a JDAM on them.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
It seems like Floyd's death unleashed a vicious circle: unjustified police violence prompts protests, which leads the police to find more excuses for unjustified violence, which results in more protests.

I know this can't last forever, but I'm not sure where it ends. If Biden wins in November (hopefully!), he'll have a gigantic mess to clean up.

Reactions: FaaR and JEDIYoda

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Theres one I find really disturbing and its not that violent . Its the one of that hyped up cop looking like an extra from a dystopian nightmare movie bouncing around and waving his riot gun. He just looks like he's itching to kill someone.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Your cops don't really believe in deescalation do they?

There was a push for it long ago but then it got hyper militaristic as basically departments became a dumping ground for ex military and tactical assholes.
Went from "verbal judo" to nuetralize the threat...everyone is an enemy combatant

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
What I am afraid of is if the protesters are forced to take up arms to defend themselves from the cops who across the country have also targeted the press.......these are sad times...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
DeBlasio: “I blame President Trump for creating this environment!”

Also DeBlasio: “The cops driving into the crowd did nothing wrong!”

This guy needs to get cancelled. Now. Bye bye.
No he is right about Trump!
He is wrong about the cop!

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Minneapolis

You know someone is going to get really pissed off an pull out an RPG on these so call "law enforcement officers".

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
What I am afraid of is if the protesters are forced to take up arms to defend themselves from the cops who across the country have also targeted the press.......these are sad times...

This is what the 2nd Amendment was designed for correct?

Reactions: FaaR