NYC radio - too blunt?

greys2k

Mar 13, 2003
i find them entertaining and they help me get through my morning/evening commute

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
i just listen to music. deejays don't entertain me.

i don't even listen to the stations you've mentioned. z100, 92.3 krock, 95.5 whatever that is, and the new shuffle station are my preferred stations.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
I don't understand who the fvck came up with the idea that people want to hear people talking rather than music playing while they're in their car, but whoever it was needs to be shot 150 times with a pellet gun in various places then left to die. Thankfully the one radio station here went through huge changes and didn't have anything but music in the morning for the past 2 months of the school year and last year we got a new radio station in February and DJs didn't start until late April.

I seriously don't understand it though, if I wanted to hear talk radio I'd go onto AM, not FM. And sadly, I usually do listen to AM now because at least it's sports they're talking and not stupid bullsh1t that the DJs think is funny or interesting.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
wendy williams is a complete idiot. that is the only reason why i laugh during the show. how someone could be that famous and ignorant at the same time.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
The station I most enjoy listening to has gone to the JACK format. No DJ, no morning show bullsh!t...just music like it ought to be. All the other stations have their "witty" DJs or morning shows like those irritating country f^cks John Boy and Billy. Ugh. The only one I enjoyed was The MJ Morning Show out of Tampa which I lost when the station switched to gospel. *sigh*

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: aplefka
I don't understand who the fvck came up with the idea that people want to hear people talking rather than music playing while they're in their car, but whoever it was needs to be shot 150 times with a pellet gun in various places then left to die. Thankfully the one radio station here went through huge changes and didn't have anything but music in the morning for the past 2 months of the school year and last year we got a new radio station in February and DJs didn't start until late April.

I seriously don't understand it though, if I wanted to hear talk radio I'd go onto AM, not FM. And sadly, I usually do listen to AM now because at least it's sports they're talking and not stupid bullsh1t that the DJs think is funny or interesting.

Uh huh...

OP: I never listen to any of those stations.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
I listen to whoever the guy on 104.3 is in the morning while I'm in the shower. Least amount of yapping between songs.

Feb 3, 2001
I dunno if you can get them out there, but John and Ken on KFI 640AM are da bomb. They tackle politicians *daily*, and they don't give a rat's ass what party they belong to. Bad politicans are bad politicans, period, on their show. I love it!

Jason