NYC ppl: how early to arrive at theatre for an advanced screening of a movie?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by vexingv, Jul 15, 2003.

1. vexingv

vexingv Golden Member

ok, so i got these advance screening passes to the Bad Boys 2 movie...i've never gone to an advance screening so i have no idea what to expect. can anyone speak from experience as to how far in advance i should arrive at the theatre?

thanx

2. Zim Hosein

Zim Hosein Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
    Super Moderator

15 minutes should do if you want to get into the theater, earlier if you want better seats from my past experience :)

3. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Platinum Member

Where do you live?

4. KingNothing

KingNothing Diamond Member

I'm gonna guess NYC. ;)

Since the advance screening will probably be limited to one or two theaters' worth of people, I'd say get there 45 minutes early to get good seats.

5. vexingv

vexingv Golden Member

i live in 'da Bronx....but i'm coming from work in the city...

6. Brymo

Brymo Banned

matters on what movie... taking that it IS NY i would if it is a pop. movie go 30-45 mins early...

and lower for a more crappy movie.

7. vexingv

vexingv Golden Member

lol, i just called the theatre and lady said to come as early as possible...like 2 or even 3 hrs before the showtime. considering its Bad Boyz 2....i dont know if they're gonna be any famous ppl...cuz then it would def. be crowded. i only ask b/c the pass says that the "screening is over invited to ensure capacity" and "this pass does not guarantee admission"...i just dont wanna come and have to camp out for hours; supervisor prolly wouldnt like it too much if i leave too early anyways

8. abaez

abaez Diamond Member

yes.. go as early as you can.. when I saw joe somebody advanced screening we got there an hour before and we barely got seats in the front.. and that was joe somebody I suggest 2 hours

9. Mday

Mday Lifer

depends on the theatre, and the time.

evening showings of popular movies during the intial week, 2 hours...

10. weezergirl

weezergirl Diamond Member

I go to these all the time in LA, i would say go at LEAST 1 hr. If it's a popular movie you probably won't even get seats (I didn't for phone booth) but usually an hour is ok.

11. Guest

I good movie you want to go at least 1/2 hour before the advance, perhaps 45 mins - 1 hour if it's REALLY big. For something like Bad Boys 2 you can probably show up 20 mins late and get nice center seats :)

12. bigrash

bigrash Lifer

I go to advanced screenings all the time in theatres in Manhattan. I usually get there half an hour early, and usually there's already a huge line, so I get the crappy seats. I'd suggest going anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour earlier. Don't go too late though, cause I've seen people getting denied entrance during the last 10 minutes