NY Times Gets a decade of Trumps Tax Figures

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Please, by all means go back and cite the posts where I support Trump. My post acknowledges him as a fraud and questions why NBC legitimized him as a real estate mogul, which began his path to the Presidency.

In your perpetually triggered TDS state, I suppose your post makes sense.
Always the liberal medias fault. Same old bothsides play.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
better a business and not a charity like hildabeast would have done.
That is a baseless accusation since we do not what Hillary would have done if she became the president. But we do know that Trump is adding to the deficit at twice the rate of Obama's last two years in a period of relative prosperity doing his best to drive the country into bankruptcy just like his businesses.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Also Trump's 'defense' of his conduct is that he was taking massive depreciation write-offs and such that were not real monetary losses. That is also illegal and reasonably likely to be tax fraud.

So yeah, we really, REALLY need to see his tax returns now to determine the scope of this.

If the House asks nicely NY may provide a copy of state taxes or perhaps Deutsche Bank will be first. But Mnuchin may be cited for contempt, perhaps jailed and perhaps be criminally prosecuted along with others starting in January 2021- all for no purpose other than to be found out as one of the worst if America's Administrations.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Always the liberal medias fault. Same old bothsides play.
Just throwing this out there, but NBC has never been the 'liberal media.' Yes, I know that the RWNJs believe it is, but NBC has always been (and still is) owned by very conservative companies that back Republican candidates -- RCA, GE, and Comcast.

As for Trump's taxes here, they just prove him to the ultimate RWNJ financial genius, who over-leverages himself by misstating the value of his assets, then stiffs his lenders once the actual value of his pledged collateral is known, and then writes-off the banks' losses to avoid paying taxes. He's their hero.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
i dont give a shit. but apparently the democrats who dont know shit about running a business do.

Everyone in Congress did far better than being the biggest loser. In fact, Trump was number #1 in disastrous losses of every single person in the US.

There is no one who was a bigger loser.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
And? He bought failing businesses and let the go into bankruptcy so he could build them and get them at rock bottom prices. For fucks sake. What does that have to do with how hes running the country? he explained it during the debates. But the sheep will continue to eat the grass fed to it by the wolves.

lol: "Trump said a thing in the debates so of course I believed him."

....what the hell, man?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
i dont give a shit. but apparently the democrats who dont know shit about running a business do.
Yeah, what the hell do Buffet and Bezos know about running a business?

What you're not getting here, pal, is that a great many people know exactly what Trump's business model is. He's a con artist who robs banks and investors with slick talk and a pen.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
"Decade in the red"...still becomes a BILLIONAIRE. Lol

What makes you think he's a billionaire? No reputable firm has ever pegged his actual wealth at more than ~$600 million. The only billionaire claim has only ever come from Trump himself who, mysteriously, forever refuses to allow any real review of his finances to support that claim.

Hell, even in court depositions he has admitted that his wealth is probably somewhere below 1 billion, but possibly more, from month to month and, I quote: "depending on my mood."

The only thing you can really trust is that, whatever he says, is a fucking lie. Full stop.

Reactions: Meghan54

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Somebody has some really good accountants.
It's amazing what someone can get away with when they can buy an army of high priced lawyers, isn't it? Especially when they're paying the legal bills with the plaintiff's money.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

"I don't really give a shit if this thing is true or not--but I know FOR CERTAIN THAT THIS OTHER THING IS TRUE BECAUSE I FEEL IT! HAHAHAHAHAHA"

jesus christ you are a fucking loser.

Reactions: Meghan54

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You should because that was a large part of the rational for voting for your Biggest Loser.

If you wanted a real self made billionaire why didn't you write in Oprah or Bill Gates? Nobody gave them money to piss away.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
"I don't really give a shit if this thing is true or not--but I know FOR CERTAIN THAT THIS OTHER THING IS TRUE BECAUSE I FEEL IT! HAHAHAHAHAHA"

jesus christ you are a fucking loser.
I refused to take the hook. I saw the link. That was enough for me.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
A "wealthy businessman" cheating on his taxes for “sport” provides a pretty legitimate legislative purpose to looking at his taxes in Congress. If we want legislation to stop such a sport, we should understand the methods

In general.. Americans don't like it when the rich play by different rules. And, now, Trump is doubling down and in his decision on whether to be considered a terrible businessman or a tax cheat. Looks like it's going to be a tax cheat.

But, at the end of the day. this won't cost him many votes. Nor would have the content of his tax returns if he had just turned them over. But what would have been a source of stress would have been the notion that he has to do something contrary to his interest without there being any actual law requiring it and any actual authority that can force him to. That would have been perceived as showing weakness.

Nobody votes based on a candidate's tax returns. Trump is one of the least ethical human beings I can think of, but in the end if there's a voter who would actually vote for Trump except for line 32(a) of Trump's probably fraudulent 1040, that voter is a idiot and a lost cause anyway. I have little confidence that Trump's tax returns are the smoking gun evidence of a Russian criminal empire that Mueller couldn't find evidence of.

I think what he want s to hide is : Emoluments.