NY Times Gets a decade of Trumps Tax Figures

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Good Lord. Lost more money than any other American in more than one year.

Once singlehandedly accounted for 1% of ALL taxpayer loses in the entire country.

Holy shit. No wonder he's under audit. How could the IRS not investigate to see WTF is going on, how is losing that much money even truthfully possible?

He's a legitimate contender for worst businessman in American history.

Makes total sense why Rs love him.

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Bigliest loser of money in American history turns his skills on the US Treasury with the same result.

"The Treasury Department issued its monthly report on receipts and outlays of the government and, for deficit hawks, the news is not good. Money is flowing out far faster than it is coming in.

The official estimated deficit for the year is supposed to be just under $1.09 trillion. If the current pace keeps up, the total could run to almost $1.4 trillion."

Last edited:

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
There's nothing more valuable to a money launder than lots of losses to use against revenue.

It wouldn't surprise me if Strongman Trump was the richest man on the planet, with it all hidden away in offshore bank accounts.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
self dealing, he got the profits for himself but put his personal loses into the business.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
This is a perfect example of why we need the tax returns released.
-How are the tax laws being applied?
-What is the true impact of his 2017 tax law on his finances? Is there corrupt intent?
-What ongoing financial entanglements does Trump have?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Hahhahaahah

While Donald Trump reported hundreds of millions of dollars in losses for 1990 and 1991, Fred Trump’s returns showed a positive income of $53.9 million, with only one major loss: $15 million invested in his son’s latest apartment project.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
And

"From 1986 through 1988, while his core businesses languished under increasingly unsupportable debt, Mr. Trump made millions of dollars in the stock market by suggesting that he was about to take over companies. But the figures show that he lost most, if not all, of those gains after investors stopped taking his takeover talk seriously."

Uhmmm.... thats not quite legal is it?

HAhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
Lost over a billion from 85-94.
https://nyti.ms/2PQJodC?smid=nytcore-ios-share

Haven’t read the article yet.
I'm sure his capital gains shot through the roof after he got shadier over the years. You can believe that! Or his CPA's were master manipulators of the numbers and paperwork! They probably fudged them up in his favor to get those gains. Who cares what's in those documents. One thing we all know: Donald Trump is a liar and thief occupying the oval office! And that's what matters the most. White America put Hitler's brother in there. So blame your damn selves. #NotMyPresident#

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
This is hardly a well kept secret. Anyone who grew up around NY in the 80s and 90s knew Trump was a fraud, with Atlantic City being his most well known failure.

Then he reinvented himself as a brand.

Not sure why NBC gave him a reality show, one that portrayed him as a business mogul. Even reputable business schools were using episodes of the Apprentice as case studies, and Trump was all the rage across the MBA crowd in the early to mid 2000s.

Reactions: jameny5

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is hardly a well kept secret. Anyone who grew up around NY in the 80s and 90s knew Trump was a fraud, with Atlantic City being his most well known failure.

Then he reinvented himself as a brand.

Not sure why NBC gave him a reality show, one that portrayed him as a business mogul. Even reputable business schools were using episodes of the Apprentice as case studies, and Trump was all the rage across the MBA crowd in the early to mid 2000s.
I need to look back at how many times you supported this fraud.

Distancing yourself already??

How soon before Trump turns into the coffee boy to his loyal base here??

Reactions: Meghan54

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Hello, yes I indeed lost huge piles of money and stiffed my lenders/investors/vendors but it was real fun plus all the rage back then. Also these true well reported facts that I'm admitting to are fake news.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 7.02.06 AM.png

The true measure of his success is that he's continued to obfuscate his financial history at every turn. Obviously that means it's still pretty much shit.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hello, yes I indeed lost huge piles of money and stiffed my lenders/investors/vendors but it was real fun plus all the rage back then. Also these true well reported facts that I'm admitting to are fake news.

View attachment 6054

The true measure of his success is that he's continued to obfuscate his financial history at every turn. Obviously that means it's still pretty much shit.
Weren't those so called mom and pop independent contractors the kind of people who voted for Trump?

Stiffed them for sport

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

View attachment 6054

Obviously you can't say "everyone was doing it" when you were the #1 loser out of 250,000,000 tax filers

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
In the words of Russ Hannerman.....
This guy debts!

main-qimg-6ef414fa8a5deee139e7e582fe54375c

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Congrats Republicans.

You managed to find a drunken elitist, draft dodging failure of a businessman in GWB and elevate him to the presidency after losing the popular vote.

After his predictably disastrous presidency left us on the losing end of two wars, exploding deficits, and an economy in meltdown, you doubled down by electing the nation's premier incompetent, immoral, draft-dodging businessman that had also only survived by being propped up by lies, fraud, public notoriety of cavorting with bimbos, and bailouts from millionaire Daddy's money.

He also lost the popular vote, and he's also exploded the deficit to historic levels despite riding the coattails of his predecessor's hot economy. Let's just pray we can restore sanity and remove him from office before he also engages us in foolish wars for his ego and a boost to his re-election chances.

GOP really knows how to pick winners...

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Is this the information that has been publicly know for a few decades? What's the next breaking news? We land on the moon?

That he lost money in the 80’s and 90’s was known. The staggering scale of his business incompetence was not known until now.

Even you have to admit the level of failure here is truly epic and the entire time he was failing he was bragging about what a success he was. Does that make you think twice as to if he’s lying about other success?

Jan 25, 2011
Is this the information that has been publicly know for a few decades? What's the next breaking news? We land on the moon?
Everyone knew he was a fraud and losing a fortune yes. The scale of it was not known. He lost more money than anyone else in the country, by double the amount in more than one year.

Then there's the securities fraud that he used to try to prop up his losses.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Everyone knew he was a fraud and losing a fortune yes. The scale of it was not known. He lost more money than anyone else in the country, by double the amount in more than one year.

Then there's the securities fraud that he used to try to prop up his losses.

Yeah IANAL but how is the conduct described in the NYT article not securities fraud of some sort?

akenbennu

Jul 24, 2005
Yeah IANAL but how is the conduct described in the NYT article not securities fraud of some sort?

The impression I get is it's "Yes, this is illegal, but everyone does it to some extent, so it's rarely prosecuted."

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Trumpist Revisionist History Lesson #478:

“Trump losing billions in Manhattan/AC real estate was just him getting started pwning the coastal elite libs!”

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Also Trump's 'defense' of his conduct is that he was taking massive depreciation write-offs and such that were not real monetary losses. That is also illegal and reasonably likely to be tax fraud.

So yeah, we really, REALLY need to see his tax returns now to determine the scope of this.