NY State Sues Trump Foundation

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I am of the opinion that we don't have one set universe so much as 8 billion variations on a theme, which our mind's eye perceives. In his universe, #5,873,845,273 lets say, Hillary IS guilty because he is the god in that private domain. It is self-evident like gravity. His reality does not allow for the possibility it might be otherwise.

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Kind of goes whih being a king of kings or having something driving you to need to feel like one, I should think. But if just the latter it could easily be solved by humility.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
While whether or not a president can be federally indicted as long as he is president Trump is certainly immune from criminal prosecution by New York State. His kids aren't though, and he isn't as soon as he's out of office. The suit NYS filed is a civil one, which is something he can't avoid though. Depending on how much shady shit he's still doing with his charity they can prosecute him later on some of these charges so long as the statute of limitations doesn't run out on them.
I wonder if they could file charges to perserve the statute of limitations but not actually go to court until after he leaves office.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I wonder if they could file charges to perserve the statute of limitations but not actually go to court until after he leaves office.
Oddly another potential Constitutional issue as this might violate his right to a speedy trial.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The statute of limitations is 6 years in this case (Google is my friend). If Trump is not reelected or is removed within that time then he's fair game. That's a long time to sweat assuming he possesses sufficient sentience to grasp his predicament.

I can just about guaranty that the statute of limitations will be tolled while he is POTUS if he is immune to prosecution while in office. Meaning it will not run during the period of time in which he is legally immune to prosecution.

Reactions: Zorba

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I can just about guaranty that the statute of limitations will be tolled while he is POTUS if he is immune to prosecution while in office. Meaning it will not run during the period of time in which he is legally immune to prosecution.

NY has a 3 year limitation but where the possible penalty exceeds 8 years, it is 6. Was none of this after 2014?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Oddly another potential Constitutional issue as this might violate his right to a speedy trial.
I thought about that, but it would be the defendant asking for the deferment, which wouldn't violate that amendment.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There is no statute of limitations for impeachment. That's the goal.

He'll never do a day in jail unless he actually kills somebody. I don't think he should, either, because we don't want to give his followers a martyr. We just need to move on from the national disgrace of his Presidency.