NY Post reports that Bill Clinton believes Obama to be an amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
● It is certain
● It is decidedly so
● Without a doubt
● Yes – definitely
● You may rely on it
● As I see it, yes
● Most likely
● Outlook good
● Yes
● Signs point to yes

● Reply hazy, try again
● Ask again later
● Better not tell you now
● Cannot predict now
● Concentrate and ask again

● Don't count on it
● My reply is no
● My sources say no
● Outlook not so good
● Very doubtful

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
A tabloid paper run and owned by very conservative leaning owners prints out an article about an unathorized biography written by a known conservative smear artist and presents it as "fact" that Bill Clinton called Obama something.

I feel dumber for having wasted my time even looking into this.

This is more "teach the controversy" style bullshit.

Make bullshit statement
Have everyone around you report it as a "new allegation has surfaced".
Eventually it spreads around and idiots who hear it word of mouth start reciting it as fact.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Make bullshit statement
Have everyone around you report it as a "new allegation has surfaced".
Eventually it spreads around and idiots who hear it word of mouth start reciting it as fact.

Don't tell us what we're actually reading, we're supposed to use the Clintons to bash Obama! Jump on the bandwagon already!

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
You don't accomplish the things Bill Clinton has pulled off without being supremely arrogant.

alent1234

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2002
bill clinton wasn't that popular until after his impeachment trial. only reason he won was of ross perot and the second time the republicans nominated the most boring person they could find.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
On an honest level, aren't they all technically amateurs unless they are on their second presidential term?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
You don't accomplish the things Bill Clinton has pulled off without being supremely arrogant.

well i would think in politics at that level you have to arrogant. He has a reason to be also.

alent1234

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2002
what exactly did clinton accomplish?

hipaa?
MFN status for china?
welfare for mexico and thailand?

home prices dropped for most of his presidency. good for some people i know who bought homes in the late 1990's and made out like bandits

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
On an honest level, aren't they all technically amateurs unless they are on their second presidential term?
Presidents of the United States are all professionals, since they are paid for their service.

Do you even know the meaning of "amateur"?

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
I guess if anyone is in a position to know it would be Clinton. That said, looking at the last 3.5 years it's pretty obvious so this isn't a great revelation.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I'm more concerned with my own observations than Clinton, who was probably badly quoted for a desired effect anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.