NWN2: Mysteries of the Westgate Intro movie shows up on NWN2 vault

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Text

MoW has been massively delayed, as most in the NWN2 community will attest to. Allegedly the mod was finished last November, but Atari has repeatedly postponed the release because of the lack of a 'security system' that met their standards. Seems like the aim pretty low with their standards, but that's just my opinion.

I haven't watched the video just yet, downloading as I type this.

Edit - Curious, though I know Obsidian and Ossian developed their 'curse' story lines independently, I think the 'cursed' plot line needs a few years to cool off.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
All that I have to say is that when Atari finally lifts it's head out of the sand and allows people to buy MoW, it better be bug free after all of these delays due to their security system.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
This is twice that Ossian has been screwed by Atari. Makes me consider boycotting Storm of Zehir until this is out.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: s44
This is twice that Ossian has been screwed by Atari. Makes me consider boycotting Storm of Zehir until this is out.

Ossian has talent, they should be making and distributing their own titles.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Text

MoW has been massively delayed, as most in the NWN2 community will attest to. Allegedly the mod was finished last November, but Atari has repeatedly postponed the release because of the lack of a 'security system' that met their standards. Seems like the aim pretty low with their standards, but that's just my opinion.

I haven't watched the video just yet, downloading as I type this.

Edit - Curious, though I know Obsidian and Ossian developed their 'curse' story lines independently, I think the 'cursed' plot line needs a few years to cool off.
Well, I think we all know they will probably never come up with a story as good as Baldurs Gate.
You would think the whole "offspring of a god" idea was cliche in the world of fantasy, but they made it interesting again.

But I agree they should look for better motivation than: "You've been cursed and have to get it undone". It makes for some pretty two-dimensional characters. Why cant the hero find some internal motivation to go adventuring?