NWN2 1.07 Beta Available

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
I wonder if they removed SecuROM in this patch, hopefully atari will listen to its customers and will realize that the online authentication is enough (checks for duplicate license keys running when you go online) and allow Obsidian to patch it out.

Also, they say performance improvements, but the patch notes do not go into detail about what has been improved in that regard.

Good to see such a big update that will not require the purchase of The Mask in order to get the new features.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Bateluer I just finished the game second time with latest official patch,AI is still terrible (unless you use the AI mod)but putting that aside I still like the game,looking forward to Mask of the betrayer in a few weeks time.

Think I'm done with NWN2 now(apart from the expansion).

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Mem
Bateluer I just finished the game second time with latest official patch,AI is still terrible (unless you use the AI mod)but putting that aside I still like the game,looking forward to Mask of the betrayer in a few weeks time.

I tried some of the AI mods and they annoyed the crap out of me, I ended up removing them. No amount of configuring in the party options would make the party members do what I wanted. Used to lose so many easy battles because of those damn AI mods letting party members switch weapons at will, change targets at will, etc.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Originally posted by: Mem

I tried some of the AI mods and they annoyed the crap out of me, I ended up removing them. No amount of configuring in the party options would make the party members do what I wanted. Used to lose so many easy battles because of those damn AI mods letting party members switch weapons at will, change targets at will, etc.

i was glad to see that in 1.04(?) they implemented a full party control scheme, like BG/IWD. i haven't played it since, but I'll probably play through again for MotB so I have a godly monk ready to kick some major ass :)