nvnews.net forums are down

josiahsuarez

Feb 23, 2010
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8

vBulletin Message We regret that the nV News forums are temporarily offline. We are attempting to determine why our advertising partners have not been paying nV News for services rendered on a regular basis. It becomes difficult to explain to our creditors why we are unable to pay our bills in a timely manner under these circumstances. Note that this matter will not be open for discussion in the Feedback Forum if the forums are brought back online.

and just as Nvidia made their "major announcement" too :(

oh, and sorry if this is OT. but this is IMPORTANT people! major important news!!!1

ragejg

Apr 9, 2008
Yeah, it's not cool. It's a good-sized hardware community that has good relationships with other hardware sites.

The mods (myself included) only know what the present message on the forum landing page says, nothing more.

Hopefully the issues get resolved real soon. I haven't seen the forum go down since I registered there in '02.

:(

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002
VBulletin raised their licenses and forced users to purchase one instead of lease. My small gaming clan was surprised by a near $200 bill. Professional (portal) licenses are double that. When you add to that high traffic hosting something like that can tip the balance.

Will Robinson

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2009
<conspiracy theory> Maybe it's been taken down in fear of the backlash that may follow a bad Fermi launch.
Lots of hate on the forums wouldn't look good.<conspiracy theory>
If someone could take down the Focus groups too that would be a cool bonus.:sneaky:

ginfest

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2000
<conspiracy theory> Maybe it's been taken down in fear of the backlash that may follow a bad Fermi launch.
Lots of hate on the forums wouldn't look good.<conspiracy theory>
If someone could take down the Focus groups too that would be a cool bonus.:sneaky:

It would be really cool if someone could also take down the dozen or so trolls who have constantly posted in these forums over the past year ;)
And you are right, someone needs to take down the red-team focus groupies ASAP ;)