• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

Question nvme very slow write speed

anaf9adnac

Oct 1, 2020
I have a 3900x with a x570 mobo and 1TB sabrent rocket nvme m2 PCIe 4.0 disk. My write benchmarks are very very poor.

Chipset and windows drivers are upto date. what gives ? how can i troubleshoot?

razel

Platinum Member
May 14, 2002
Looks like it got nearly 3.9GB/s writes in one of the runs even with a lowly queue depth of 4 so I wouldn't worry too much. Regardless, enable the 'write caching' policy in Computer Management and then in 'Defragment and Optimize Disks', issue the TRIM command for the drive and give it 5-10 mins to make sure it finishes the garbage collection after the TRIM commands are issued.

anaf9adnac

Oct 1, 2020
Thank you , i tried it , still not close to the 4Gbps write throughput. i swear this was consistently possible 10 months ago when i setup this rig

Shmee

Memory and Storage, Graphics Cards
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Possibly it is slowing down due to filling up? As drives fill up, they get a bit slower.

razel

Platinum Member
May 14, 2002
I really wouldn't worry. You did achieve 3.9GB with only a queue depth of 4, so that proof, it can reach max speeds without much effort.

ASK THE COMMUNITY