NVmax support for 40.xx drivers?

jakobkraft

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2002
Is there a version of NVmax floating around somewhere that supports the 40.72 driver? I've tried 2 so far that only work with the drivers up to and including 30.82....thanks!

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
Yah I had the same prob. Once DetXP started coming out, they became incompatible with NVmax. I'm sure its something to do with the registry, but I've been too lazy to research it. Having already had NVmax installed rendered it useless and gave random error messages, but it also unlocked the same capabilities within the nVidia tools under advanced. But then I started getting nv4disp.dll errors and crap during games, so I had to reinstall Windows. Anyways, I just went with Rivatuner instead of trying to find a hacked version of NVmax that works with DetXP....it does everything NVmax does, albeit a bit more cryptically.

Chiz

jakobkraft

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2002
Well, my favorite NVmax feature was V-sync for D3D, that's the main reason I had it...does Rivatuner offer that-and is Rivatuner stable overall?

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
Yes, Rivatuner has all the same options as NVMax or D3D and OGL. The only major difference is NVMax has a much nicer interface, whereas rivatuner makes you use silly drop downs and icons.......

As for stability, its fine, its just making registry edits and what not to your system and vid card settings, same as nvmax.

Chiz