Nvidia WHQL certified drivers for WDM functions???

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
The drivers on my gainward cd and the drivers at gainward and neither of them seem to be certified drivers...Winxp after install of vid card cd will not just load them up I have to manually go get them....

I am also having some issues with them at speeds above 2.44ghz though I have spent half a day benching the card at 2.53,2.6,2.66,2.74ghz with 300/600 310/610 315/620 settings and not a hiccup....The minute I run video in and winencoder I get choppy video and possible bsod...I back down a bit and the choppiness gets less...I have to go all the way down to 2.44ghz to get no errors and perfect playback on screen and in program....

Mysteriuosly this is the same speed in which my ati radeon 8500DV will not work at either....It wont get past winxp splash screen abd states infinite loop caused by radeon display dll. The bsod of now say Nvidia driver is the culprit...

I got the ati card to run perfectly on an epox 4g4a+ mobo and leads me to belive it is realted to this mobo. Some have suggested disabling ACPI which I have to modbin the bios file to get it to even ask the question in the bios....

Any ideas peeps!!!

I am going to try new drivers first to make sure, but my guit says thisis too much like the radeon to be a mere coincident...

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Some have suggested disabling ACPI

How could ACPI be an issue above a certain clockspeed..seems remote, I don't buy it. AGP is locked on those boards? It does seem too much coincidence.....Power Supply crapping?

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
3 power supplies checked...plus the fact it worked 100% on my 4g4a+ mobo!!! So it is definitely mobo related. I have agp locked. I have latest bios...

What else can I do???

This guy at rage3d.com said he had same issue and it fixed it....I don't know!!!