Nvidia Telemetry

Do you disable Nvidia Telemetry

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Charlie22911

Mar 19, 2005
Telemetry is a fact of life these days I think, it’s nearly unavoidable without living under a rock or a third world country. Even your bank and retailers collect consumer data on you... I just don’t have the time and energy to track and disable it all so I just leave it; after the OPM and Equifax breaches what more could someone possibly get out of me?

Maybe I’ll setup Snort or pfBlockerNg to nuke that kind of traffic at some point. Maybe. Probably not.

Batmeat

Feb 1, 2011
I love how people consider it spying when you accept the license agreement upon installing their drivers..... Regardless, I leave it enabled. What I should do is some benchmarking with/without it enabled and see if there is any difference. Hmm...more on this later.

Reactions: Charlie22911

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
This site collects telemetry on its users. It is what it is at this point.

Guru

May 5, 2017
Of course, I don't appreciate companies spying on me and using me buying an expensive product from them as an acceptance that I am willing to be spied on. NO, I just needed the GPU without your spying.

We need laws that protect us and establish this self evident and long known right, just because I buy something it isn't agreement to be spied on by that thing or the accompanying software.

My computer is like my house, its private and I don't appreciate companies trying to sneak into my home and spy on me.

I block Nvicrapia at the core windows level by blocking the IP's they use to spy on me!

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
It doesn't bother me and if it helps them fix bugs, good.

This. It seems people think telemetry is only used to "spy" on people. That's so laughable! NVidia uses telemetry for a host of reasons, mostly to do with technicalities involving drivers, games and various hardware configs. Nothing wrong with that at all. Making stable and high performant drivers is a very difficult task, and undoubtedly having good telemetry makes it easier for them to troubleshoot bugs and optimize.

Reactions: amenx

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Of course, I don't appreciate companies spying on me and using me buying an expensive product from them as an acceptance that I am willing to be spied on. NO, I just needed the GPU without your spying.

We need laws that protect us and establish this self evident and long known right, just because I buy something it isn't agreement to be spied on by that thing or the accompanying software.

My computer is like my house, its private and I don't appreciate companies trying to sneak into my home and spy on me.

I block Nvicrapia at the core windows level by blocking the IP's they use to spy on me!

I doubt you have anything of interest on your computer worth spying on.

Spjut

Apr 9, 2011
I leave it be, but I don't like how Nvidia initally sneaked it into the driver and it was the community who found out.