nvidia stereoscopic 3D

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
you need shutter glasses, I think a monitor within the specific HZ range, a program utlizing the stereoscopic abilities, and a video card which supports the function

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
afaik it only works with CRT monitors also, unless this has changed. usually is a pain in the ass to set up, and it doesn't always work well in games because the friend/foe identifiers and names arent always rendered in 3d. i had this problem when i tried using these type glasses playing starseige tribes and tribes2. had to get someone to make a custom UI mod so the UI parts that werent in 3d didnt break lol

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I actually still have a couple of pairs of the ELSA 3D Revelator glasses from years ago (both the wireless and wired versions), back when I used a GeForce 2 MX (I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think ATI cards were supported). I vaguely remember messing around with them playing the Mechwarrior 4 series (had the Logitech joystick to really get the immersion factor going). The software wasn't really stable though, and I'd get BSODs from time to time.

nRollo

Banned
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: thilan29
Do you need a special monitor to run it or just some 3D glasses? Or both?

If you mean the new stereo that was on display at nVision, you need 120Hz monitors that are not released as yet and glasses.

The old version only required 3d shutter glasses.

lifeblood

Oct 17, 2001
We used Nvidia's 3d with a GeForce 6600 GT and two standard DLP projectors with polarized glass in front of them. Google Geowall. It's a 3d projection system that uses consumer hardware and cheap ($5) polarized glasses.

Creig

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: thilan29
Do you need a special monitor to run it or just some 3D glasses? Or both?

Either a CRT capable of a minimum of 120Hz or possibly one of the new 120Hz DLPs, Plasma or LCD televisions. I believe they've just come out with a 120Hz LCD monitor but I imagine it's pretty expensive. Oh, and the 3d LCD shutter glasses as well. You need a minimum of 120Hz at whatever resolution you're going to be running because basically you'll be displaying a separate 60Hz image to each eye. I would suggest at least 140Hz or 160Hz on a CRT to save your eyes from strain.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
not really

The guys at Nvision said there would be no premium on the 120Hz LCD over normal premium ones

also the glasses are supposed to be ~$100

it looks OK; but Nvidia has competition in stereoscopic 3-D; they are not the only ones working on it
rose.gif

Oct 19, 2006
Haha I loved my ASUS Geforce DDR 32MB card with stereo glasses. Playing Unreal tournament, and Deus ex was so cool. It looked great and the only problem was the uncomfortable glasses. Can't wait untill this makes a come back.