nVidia SLI

Arsenik13

Sep 9, 2005
It has been a long time since i've built my own computer.. and I want to build a computer that supports SLi.. however when I have been pricing nVidia equipment I have noticed that different companies each build their own 'version" of the 7800... so which company's version of the 7800 is reliable and which isn't?

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
Leadtek is very reliable, and I believe eVGA is also another very good choice.
i'm not to sure....

monster64

Banned
Jan 18, 2005
Whats with everybody and XFX. Almost all the people that say XFX sucks have never had a problem with XFX in their lives and are just basing their opinion on a couple of people who said they did. My XFX 6800 GT can do 440 mhz. Can yours? I highly doubt it.

Jun 14, 2003
Originally posted by: monster64
Whats with everybody and XFX. Almost all the people that say XFX sucks have never had a problem with XFX in their lives and are just basing their opinion on a couple of people who said they did. My XFX 6800 GT can do 440 mhz. Can yours? I highly doubt it.

yeah

sure they were pretty crappy, read tales of poor customer services and under spec'd cards (6800gt with 900mhz mem)

but i think theyve pulled out of that now, they currently supply some of the fastest GPUS ou can buy, and theyre in close with Nvidia (XFX was one of the few launch partners i think)

its PNY who arent all that and a bag of chips......

id reccomend Leadtek though through personal experience, but im a little misty on their warranty, i heard that there is no warranty and that the card is used at the owners risk. but i cant see that being the case

again BFG, EVGA, Leadtek, Gainward, Asus, Gigabyte .... all good makes

as a side note nvidia dont actually build n sell any cards, they simply supply the chips to their add in board partners.

also theres rumour that upcoming drivers will allow you to sli any two cards (so long as its the same type ie 6800GT with a 6800GT) but they can be from any manufacturer.

at the moment you must buy cards from the same manufacturer. but since your going SLI in one go then this wont be usefull to u. since you'll be buying two cards now anyway