Nvidia Removed 285.79 Beta Drivers

sylar365

Nov 26, 2011
The latest beta driver from Nvidia that was supposed to boost BF3 performance among other things (285.79) has seemingly been removed from downloads for Geforce 560 Ti's on Windows 7 64bit machines on the Nvidia site. Does anybody know why?

Last edited:

sylar365

Nov 26, 2011

The driver could not be found by using their own "Find" utility while searching for beta drivers. I was able to (like you did, I'm assuming) navigate there by editing my Chrome address bar. The drivers have not been completely removed from the site or wiped from the internet but searching for the latest drivers (including beta) only turns up the WHQL drivers that were released October 24th. I just tried it again to verify. I am searching for 560 Ti drivers for Windows 7 64 bit. Latest shown is 285.62 WHQL. The reason I am curious is that a lot of people have been having serious artifacting and other major issues with 560 TI's in BF3. I have had to underclock my card to under reference board specs (currently using 800/1950) just to keep games like BF3 and Skyrim running smoothly.

-Asrock P67 Extreme 4 B3 stepping
-Intel Core-i5 2500k
-Xigmatek Aegir CPU Cooler
-EVGA Nvidia GTX 560 Ti FPB
-HT Omega Claro sound card
-Corsair 850TX Power Supply
-8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM (2x4GB)
-Intel Gigabit CT desktop network adapter PCIe
-60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD bootdrive (Windows only)
-640GB SATA II WD Caviar Black data drive

SirPauly

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2009
Just did go to nVidia.com -- download drivers -- GeForce drivers -- beta and legacy drivers -- placed my GeForce card and operating system - find -- and the 285.79 drivers were available to download.

I don't know -- no conspiracy theory.

sylar365

Nov 26, 2011
Just did go to nVidia.com -- download drivers -- GeForce drivers -- beta and legacy drivers -- placed my GeForce card and operating system - find -- and the 285.79 drivers were available to download.

I don't know -- no conspiracy theory.

Try 560 Ti and Windows 7 64 bit. We already know the drivers still exist.

SirPauly

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks, for more clarity! Odd! Could the newer GTX 560 TI, soon to be released, have anything to do with this?

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I have Win7 x64 and GTX 560 Ti(s)... using the same search parameters, I still find the latest beta drivers.

:hmm:

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
I pointed out nVidia's weird driver deleniation over two months ago, the real question is why nVidia even has a card selection tool being that their drivers are universal :hmm:

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
The real question is why nVidia even has a card selection tool being that their drivers are universal :hmm:

every time, with no exception, that nvidia releases a brand new card / cards, those latest cards will have their own driver which is a newer version than the last WHQL but adds nothing for any card but that card.

They limit it to those cards to avoid people wasting their bandwidth and getting unintended bugs.

Then in the release after that they merge the two.

Its not that the drivers wouldn't work, there is just a list of allowed cards that omits those. You can add other cards by modding that list. Like these guys do
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
yeah they no longer show up for me anymore either but where obviously there last week when I downloaded them. in fact the new 290.36 beta drivers do not show up either. wtf is going on because I have never seen this happen before?

EDIT: for some reason they now show up.

Last edited:

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
does someone have the original drivers? Can you check the hash on them and whats currently on the site? It is possible that they silently replaced the executable.
A reason to do so would be if they messed up the DRM.

Last time they were pushed into putting the DRM free version back up after it became public (since everyone was passing along the DRM free version). It would be nice to get an updated DRM free version (legally, AFAIK you can find cracks online but I am not going to do that)