News Nvidia refers to Arkham Knight, a Gameworks title, as "unplayable"

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
While working with game developers on pre-release games, NVIDIA has had a steady flow of bugs reported where a game stutters for multiple milliseconds during gameplay. These stutter bugs can ruin the experience of the gamer, possibly making the game unplayable (as with the release of Batman Arkham Knight on PC), so they should be treated with a high priority.

Wow... Talk about throwing your partner under the bus!

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
Wow... talk about taking a blog out of context! It's about using Nsight to fix bugs and giving that as an example of something use of Nsight would have helped with a lot. Just fyi it is a really good tool for debugging performance issues on gpu's.

Reactions: DXDiag

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Wow... talk about taking a blog out of context! It's about using Nsight to fix bugs and giving that as an example of something use of Nsight would have helped with a lot. Just fyi it is a really good tool for debugging performance issues on gpu's.

Given that it was meant to show off Nvidia's finest tech, you'd think that they might have chosen a less embarrassing example! :D

But yes, Nvidia's developer tools are pretty great, I agree. That's why I was reading the blog in the first place!

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Another broken game on day one, well geez what a shocker. A fool and his money soon parted if your buying day one games. People obviously like to burn money rewarding half assery. NEVER again will i be a beta tester. I did enough of that during BF1/BF5. I disowned Ea just on their principles of breaking more then fixing, that and their loot boxes in SW: BF2.

Hoping Cyberpunk2077 isn't a train wreck this year.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ZGR

Tup3x

Dec 31, 2016

Wow... Talk about throwing your partner under the bus!
What they are saying is true though. Saying anything else would be blatant lying. Do this or that, you're always doing it wrong, eh?

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Wasn't that game actually RECALLED? If so, not really throwing them under the bus, the entire industry knew the story with that game.

Yup. Arkham Knight's technical issues were so bad and it was such a poor PC port - it was even locked to 30 fps - that Steam started issuing refunds no questions asked even past the normal refund window. It really came down to Warner Bros farming out the port to a small studio that was clearly unequipped for making a port. Like, the game uses Unreal Engine and had two previous games that were relatively fine on PC. How hard could it have been to enable the game to run at higher than 30 fps?

Nvidia was tied to the game as a Gameworks title, but the problems ran deeper than any of the Gameworks features. So undoubtedly they were frustrated to have their brand associated with such a turd. Makes sense they'd be throwing shade at how much of a technical disaster it was years later.

• Haha
Reactions: ZGR