Info Nvidia Instant NeRF

Aapje

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2022
Very nice. This could be a big benefit for VR. where it first becomes easier to make 3D apps and such & later, it could be used to generate a 3D representation of your office, so you can sit in a meeting room at work, from home.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
This is not new. A late friend of mine had some monstrous HDTV that supported 3D glasses, and it had "3D upscaling", converting 2D DVDs and shows to 3D. It worked remarkably well.

Jul 27, 2020
But........, is it 'real', and does real mean anything anymore?
A lot of stuff is going to be virtual in the future anyway. Once we go full Meta, we'll all just be fat meatbags connected to our brain interfaces and maybe to machines that exercise our limbs at regular intervals but virtually, our brains will see awesome paradises where we have 8 packs and don't age and we do whatever we want. It will be awesome, except for when we have to take bathroom breaks. I think most people will remove mirrors from their restrooms to keep themselves from seeing their fat ugliness.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: maddie and psolord

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
A lot of stuff is going to be virtual in the future anyway. Once we go full Meta, we'll all just be fat meatbags connected to our brain interfaces and maybe to machines that exercise our limbs at regular intervals but virtually, our brains will see awesome paradises where we have 8 packs and don't age and we do whatever we want. It will be awesome, except for when we have to take bathroom breaks. I think most people will remove mirrors from their restrooms to keep themselves from seeing their fat ugliness.

How do you know we are not inside a matrix already? :O

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Jul 27, 2020
How do you know we are not inside a matrix already? :O
A guy who had tried different brain chemistry altering substances (including LSD) told me that these things let us break out of our earthly shells and let us see the universe and ourselves more authentically. Maybe some day scientists will figure out how to get our brain cells to tap into the higher levels of consciousness without using drugs. Once the brain interface is ready, I bet the next step will be people trying to overclock their neurons and run them beyond their limits :p

• Wow
Reactions: psolord

Aapje

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2022
A guy who had tried different brain chemistry altering substances (including LSD) told me that these things let us break out of our earthly shells and let us see the universe and ourselves more authentically.

LSD seems to be good at making people delusional in a way where they think that their delusions are true.

• Haha
Reactions: Mopetar

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
A guy who had tried different brain chemistry altering substances (including LSD) told me that these things let us break out of our earthly shells and let us see the universe and ourselves more authentically. Maybe some day scientists will figure out how to get our brain cells to tap into the higher levels of consciousness without using drugs. Once the brain interface is ready, I bet the next step will be people trying to overclock their neurons and run them beyond their limits :p

It's called a strong cup of coffee! xD

Easy. I don't know kung-fu.

You can easily learn mate, no worries.

You just need good internet and a girl that wants to stay friends, until she realizes you are the one, so her friends can be jealous! :O