Question NVIDIA GeForce GT350 Replacement?

mark4man

Jul 20, 2020
hello...

My PC keeps going down; & when it does, there's no video output (you can also hear the vid card doesn't kick in during bootup). The card that came w/ the machine (specs, from Speccy) is as follows: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 350 (mfd's by ASUStek Computer Inc.).

I can't find a new one anywhere on the web (assuming discontinuance); & am running Win 7 Pro. Don't want to put the wrong card in an older PC, so does anyone have a suggestion? Is there a tried/tested direct replacement?

thanx,

dox

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I assume this isn't a gaming pc, and that you just need a basic video card for display out? If so, get a basic video card like a Geforce 710 or 1030 or such, so long as it has the outputs you need to your monitor(s). It will probably be PCIe, but would need to know the model of PC to be sure of compatibility.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I'm not familiar with the GT 350, must be some cheap OEM jobby. Like Shmee said, just get a GT 710 (Kepler) or a GT 1030 (Pascal), those should work OK, most likely. BTW, need to find out if you need LP (low-profile) or FH (full-height) cards. Also, some GT 1030 cards take two slots wide, due to larger passive heatsinks, so be aware of that, and the need for spacing in your chassis.

Basically, figured out how high, and how wide, you can fit a video card in, and go shopping appropriately.

If you get a GT 1030, try to get the (original) 2GB GDDR5 version, and NOT the (cheaper, cut-down and slower) DDR4 version. (It may not be clearly obvious without reading the detailed specs.)

That way, you can even do some light gaming on it, if you like.

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
Like Shmee said, just get a GT 710 (Kepler) or a GT 1030 (Pascal), those should work OK, most likely.

At this point I'd prefer the 1030. It has 7 drivers, a way better video decoder compared to the GT710 and you can even do light gaming on it. Doesn't use any power either.

The only reason left to go with a 710 is if you need compatibility with older OS (f.x. XP or older Linux) in my opinion.

Magic Carpet

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2011
At this point I'd prefer the 1030. It has 7 drivers, a way better video decoder compared to the GT710 and you can even do light gaming on it. Doesn't use any power either.

The only reason left to go with a 710 is if you need compatibility with older OS (f.x. XP or older Linux) in my opinion.
GT710 also has a VGA output, I had this single-slot card in particular, and was amazed how cool it ran under heavy load (DooM 3), temps never went above 50c in a system with no additional case fans. 1030 is nearly twice as expensive, but obviously is a faster card with a better video decoding engine. Both suck for modern gaming though. If I were to consider 1030 current pricing, I would likely upgrade the whole system and use onboard video graphics instead.

Last edited:

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
If I were to consider 1030 current pricing, I would likely upgrade the whole system and use onboard video graphics instead.

I'm not certain in this case. We don't know any additional specs, but with only 2GB memory, it's unlikely to be a newer system. So an upgrade would likely entail replacing CPU, mainboard and RAM. Possibly also PSU and requiring a new SSD.

The lowest I'd go CPU wise today, unless one knows what ones getting into, is a Ryzen 3200G. That alone costs more then a 1030.