Nvidia employee killed by commuter train, trying to save another life.

KAZANI

Sep 10, 2006
Eery stuff! Without knowing about this incident, I was thinking about being in a situation just like this, while snoozing in bed this morning. I played the scene in my mind where, after I save a girl from the tracks and get dismembered by the oncoming train, I have people congratulating me about heroism but I said "No hero, just too dumb to NOT get out of the way in time myself!". Tragedy lurks in life's every corner, waiting to trigger on the first miscalculation.

R.I.P., man.

tolis626

Aug 25, 2013
Tragic incident indeed,but the guy restored my faith in humanity.We need more people thinking the way he did and not doing the easy thing,which is to say "I couldn't do anything anyway".Even if a little late for that,well done.

guskline

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2006
From John 15:13:
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Philip Scholz is in heaven because he followed his conscience. To his wife and family my condolences and prayers.

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
Any word on when they will get a statement from the person who was lying down on the tracks, but survived? I'm also interested in why the Authorities aren't offering further details. This just seems odd why there is a quiet zone around the survivor, but perhaps there is a reason to protect the surviving person and avoid backlash for seemingly setting in motion the death of Phil.