Nvidia Drivers Won't Install

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I hadn't upgraded my drivers in about a year or so and I was using Chief Architect when it said my drivers weren't supported. So, I downloaded new drivers and installed them. Restarted and it hadn't installed them. The PC was using MS native drivers. So, I tried an older version. Same thing. I did a DDU wipe of all my drivers and reinstalled. Same thing. I can't get the nvidia drivers to actually be used by the computer. All the files are there and it installs without error but won't use them upon restart. I messed around with permissions too and ran as administrator.

Anything I can do for this? I guess I could reflash the card, but I didn't know if this was something thats been happening lately and there is an easy fix?

I have a 980TI.

Subyman

Mar 18, 2005
Did a safe mode wipe and swapped to my backup card, a GT 640. Restarted and installed the drivers in safe mode. Nvidia drivers work now. So I guess its my card that is funky. I'll try to swap the vbios, I think I had a higher voltage bios that may not play well with newer Nvidia drivers? Not sure. Hopefully the card isn't a goner :(

Subyman

Mar 18, 2005
Thought I'd update for anyone having this issue in the future. I ended up reflashing to the stock firmware I had saved and it recognized the card again. Not sure how the firmware got corrupted but I'm back up and running again.

Reactions: Campy