nVidia Drivers 270.51 Beta Released

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
These beta drivers are excellent. The past few beta drivers would give me a BSOD when running certain applications but now the work flawlessly. I noticed that nVidia took out the option of using SLI or not in the game profiles.

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
I also installed them. I was hoping for sli support in NFS shift 2, its not there yet. The sli and usual options are there for me in the games profiles section. I chose to force SLI AA, it gives me 100% gpu usage on both cards, but I'm not sure its being implemented in game.
The in game AA seems buggy, with single gpu it goes from 75fps to 45 with normal AA. So I leaving it off, until SLI is working.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
What happened to the SLI configuration? Now we're stuck at 1 GPU!

(Forget it. I figured it out.)

Last edited:

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
Was checking out the listed improvements at geforce.com and they show nfs shift 2 unleashed as a game that got great improvement with 580 sli, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
270.jpg

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
So if they were getting 20 fps in Dragon Age 2, now...it will et nearly 2000 ? LOL....sure. Even if it were only 100% improvement, they would still be pushing 200fps at 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on.

I guess it goes back to what AMD said earlier, don't just say it....prove it.

I have Dragon Age 2, but won't install till I am done with the first one.

don't feel bad, I made a stupid math error the other day, too. Evidently my memory is also failing b/c I don't remember what the error was, but I remember wishing that nobody had quoted me when they pointed out my mistake. Here's me "paying it forward". :)

Any reviews with these drivers yet?

I had some fair/good improvements with them.

I meant to try out DA2 last night, I'll work on it tonight for a gtx 460 768 @ 900 on a 1680x1050 res. I just want to be able to play very high at all, honestly.

Last edited:

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Any reviews with these drivers yet?

I had some fair/good improvements with them.

I wasn't so lucky.

Hawx -- (dx10, 1280x1024, max details, 4xaa (minimum ssao))
266.58 = 161fps average
270.51 = 140fps average

Lost Planet -- (dx11, 1280x1024, max details 4xaa)
266.58 = 61fps average
270.51 = 52fps average

Far Cry -- (DX10, 1280x1024, max details, 4x AA)
266.58 = 98 average
270.51 = 92 Average

World in Conflict: Soviet Assult (DX10, 1280x1024, max details, 4x AA)
266.58 = 67 fps average
270.51 = 63 fps average

Razos

Apr 2, 2011
So if they were getting 20 fps in Dragon Age 2, now...it will et nearly 2000 ? LOL....sure. Even if it were only 100% improvement, they would still be pushing 200fps at 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on.

I guess it goes back to what AMD said earlier, don't just say it....prove it.

I have Dragon Age 2, but won't install till I am done with the first one.

Golden member with lack of first class of elementary school knowledge .. . So these are the forum's experts ?

Not a good way to make a first-impression with the community.

I can only assume you have yet to make yourself familiar with our posting guidelines.

Member callouts and insults are not acceptable.

This is approach is not productive, it is inflammatory and disrespectful.

You are expected to refrain from posting your personal opinions regarding your your fellow forum colleagues when those opinions are divisive and inflammatory.

Please familiarize yourself with the AnandTech Forum Guidelines:
1) No trolling, flaming or personally attacking members. Deftly attacking ideas and backing up arguments with facts is acceptable and encouraged. Attacking other members personally and purposefully causing trouble with no motive other than to upset the crowd is not allowed.
We want to give all our members as much freedom as possible while maintaining an environment that encourages productive discussion. It is our desire to encourage our members to share their knowledge and experiences in order to benefit the rest of the community, while also providing a place for people to come and just hang out.

We also intend to encourage respect and responsibility among members in order to maintain order and civility. Our social forums will have a relaxed atmosphere, but other forums will be expected to remain on-topic and posts should be helpful, relevant and professional.

We ask for respect and common decency towards your fellow forum members.
Idontcare
Super Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
When is nVidia going to improve GLQuake's performance? I'm only getting 1500 fps with 16xAF and 8xAA at 1680x1050.

Mistwalker

Feb 9, 2007
Golden member with lack of first class of elementary school knowledge .. . So these are the forum's experts ?
Wow. It was a pretty egregious math mistake, but he was taken to task for it already in this thread. Two days ago.

More importantly, is a disparaging remark about fellow forum members the best choice for your first post here?

Welcome to the forums...I guess.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
These drivers are a joke.

I installed them , next day I purchased NFS Shift 2

The game played at 1fps , freeze and go , horrible unplayable.....

Soo I thought what it could be and I remember I installed the beta. Soo I installed the 266.66 and NFS Shift 2 is soo fast and smooth.

Im never ever gonna get a nvidia beta drivers. thx