NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for First Quarter Fiscal 2016

csbin

Feb 4, 2013
http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/212373/nvidia-announces-financial-results-for-first-quarter-fiscal-2016.html

NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) today reported revenue for the first quarter ended April 26, 2015, of $1.15 billion, up 4 percent from $1.10 billion a year earlier and down 8 percent from $1.25 billion the previous quarter. GAAP earnings per diluted share for the quarter were $0.24, unchanged from $0.24 a year earlier and down 31 percent from $0.35 in the previous quarter. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.33, up 14 percent from $0.29 a year earlier and down 23 percent from $0.43 in the previous quarter.

"The importance of visual computing is evident all around us," said Jen-Hsun Huang, president and chief executive officer of NVIDIA. "Our expertise in this field enables us to take a leading position to advance deep learning, virtual reality and self-driving cars. "Our singular focus on visual computing is aligned with some of the most exciting growth opportunities in computing today," he said.

Vaporizer

Apr 4, 2015
The importance of visual displaying wrong specifications is evident all around us. Our expertise in this firld enables us to take a leading position.

Warning issued for trolling.
-- stahlhart

Last edited by a moderator:

DooKey

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2005
Well run, visionary companies, tend to do well with consumers and stockholders. I wish more tech companies would emulate this kind of success.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The importance of visual displaying wrong specifications is evident all around us. Our expertise in this firld enables us to take a leading position.

Seriously? The 970 issues came out at/before Nvidia's fiscal year (which their 1st quarter began Jan 26, 2015). So people already knew about it for all sales during this quarter. If you want to even guess what it did to their bottom line, you would have to compare the results against their previous quarter, but only to some extent (since we all know there is a group of people who upgrade the moment a card is released, and doesn't wait to see if there are any problems with the cards, like for instance, the last 500 MB of memory not being as fast as the rest and in some specific cases, unusable). So the previous quarter has an inflated sales figure due to the release of major new mid and high end graphics cards, while this quarter was lower end enhancements and niche market releases (new titan and quadro cards).

Last edited:

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014
Well run, visionary companies, tend to do well with consumers and stockholders. I wish more tech companies would emulate this kind of success.

I don't, I hate it when people cheerfully let a company put the screws to them and inflate the price on products. Only in places where there's an unclear metric for performance does the role of image to avoid a race to the bottom become desirable or good.

Azix

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2014
Their quarterly revenue doesn't seem that far off AMDs. Except AMD is in loss.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
This is the same Nvidia that Charlie Demerjian claimed in 2010 would no longer exist by 2012 because Intel IGPs and AMD's APUs would have destroyed Nvidia's market by then, lmao.

CHADBOGA

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2009
This is the same Nvidia that Charlie Demerjian claimed in 2010 would no longer exist by 2012 because Intel IGPs and AMD's APUs would have destroyed Nvidia's market by then, lmao.
And a couple of years ago, Apple switched to ARM for its MacBook range.

I'll bet Intel wished Apple had the decency to tell them about it. :D