Nvidia/AMD GPU for Video editing/rendering (Sony Vegas 13, Premiere Pro CC, After Eff

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
This may sound ridiculous, but being a nvidia person my whole life, I have no clue where the update driver feature is for this card.

I know you have probably found the drivers by now but this is for future reference.

Open up CCC
And click on the information tab.

2dsigp2.png

Ho72

Mar 25, 2014
www.howardowen.net
Thanks!
Rather bizarrely getting some tearing when I scroll up or down in Firefox quickly... never seen that before.

Please keep us updated on issues and anomalies. I'm currently debating jumping the nV ship for AMD (for opencl performance) but AMD's history of driver flakiness may be the deciding factor against the move.

MeldarthX

Golden Member
May 8, 2010
Also if you've moved from Nvidia to AMD make sure to uninstall Nvidia drivers......Win 7 and Win 8 normally handle them fine as seperate items; but once in awhile things can go screwy. Its no where near as ugly as it used to be with XP.

If you're having issues; you can always give me a pm and I'll see what I can do to help.

Few things; you getting video out of the card? Everything fully seated? external cables plugged in if needed?

Two: AMD's drivers are fine and have been for a long time. You get good and bad just like Nvidia's drivers and those that keep trying to say AMD's drivers are bad; are either a fan boy or someone with an agenda......;)

I've ran both; gotten issues with both.....solved 99% of issues with both ;)

tinpanalley

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
Also if you've moved from Nvidia to AMD make sure to uninstall Nvidia drivers......Win 7 and Win 8 normally handle them fine as seperate items; but once in awhile things can go screwy. Its no where near as ugly as it used to be with XP.
I used Display Driver Uninstaller and removed everything before installing. It isn't happening now but we'll see if it comes back.

Thanks to everyone else, and I'll keep reporting back if I have problems. Installing the new drivers went smoothly, the fans still make noise but it's not as bad as the nvidia was. And thanks for the heads up about where to find the drivers in Catalyst. Thought I had looked everywhere. Have to be honest, it's not as easy on the website to know which driver you should be on because they talk about Catalyst, the whole program as being what you need rather than just saying HERE, HERE is the download of the driver. Now run it. You have to have Catalyst first, it's just not as simple and clean UI UX wise.

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
Follow my advice and install MSI Afterburner with a custom fan profile. It will give you more control over the noise levels.