nVidia 7300GS

Saleengt

Apr 6, 2006
this is in regards to a friend of mine...recently he said his screen went black and he couldnt do anything...so he restarted the comp and everything seems to be loading, u just can see anything...so i went by to check it out and i came to the conclusion that his video card somehow crapped out...he also has onboard graphics, so i connected the monitor to the onboard with the other video card out, and its still the same thing...so i went to my local pc shop, they tested the card, and it went to the xp loading screen then the screen turned black again...so video card is shot...he has the hp pavilion a630n. And the card that he upgraded to, was the Radeon 9250 256 PCI(the one that crapped out)...I dont know y he got a pci card, when he has the pci-e slot...anyways he said he can only afford about $150(canadian, including tax) for a new card...i told him to get the geforce 7300GS 256, its about $102 or some other guy he knows has a X1300 512 for $115 .....how much of of difference will he see with the 7300gs from his old 9250?

Could anything else be causing this problem?, or is it for sure his video card?

some info on the 7300gs card
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.ph...wProduct&cmd=pd&pid=009699&cid=999.243

Also his HP came with this garbage psu - hipro hp-d3057f3r...it says 300w MAX output...that 7300gs said it required a minimum of a 350w and pci-e compliant...so is the 7300gs even gonna run with that psu that his HP came with? If not, then y would they bother to put that kinda psu in their HP systems even though their mobo has the pci-e slot?