Question Nvidia 3D Vision monitor display

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
Anyone here can recommend or help me to find any new/used small (24" - 32") LED monitor that can do Nvidia 3d Vision?
Google search came up pretty much with useless info.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Pretty sure NV 3D Vision has been deprecated and is now unsupported. The driver packages no longer contain the driver(s) for "3D Vision".

Given that, are you sure that you want/need them? Rather than a newer (but still likely to be abandoned tech soon) VR Helmet?

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
Pretty sure NV 3D Vision has been deprecated and is now unsupported. The driver packages no longer contain the driver(s) for "3D Vision".

Given that, are you sure that you want/need them? Rather than a newer (but still likely to be abandoned tech soon) VR Helmet?

I still game in 3D Vision in one of my two desktops.
The 3D desktop in use still gets Wins7 OS and the display is an Mits 73" DLP 3D Display (which is near the end of its life).
As long as I do not upgrade the driver or Wins OS I am fine (Graphic card is 1070).
The new display would replace the DLP monitor.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
The new display would replace the DLP monitor.

that is your problem...
you won't find a 3d vision monitor period.
You won't even find 3d HDTV's as its a dead tech.

The only way you can get 3d now is though a headset, or using the back to the future anaglyph 3d with a supported player and that is to watch movies and not play games.

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
May be I should have been clearer in my word.
By "new" I mean just another display to replace my DLP monitor.
Of course I realized that 3D Vision has been dead for quite some time.
All I asked on my thread is someone who might have previously experienced using the smaller LED 3D display recommend me one.
Once I know a certain model name or names I am sure with the help of eBay or Craigslist I might be able to scoop one up.

mv2devnull

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2010
We have had Asus VG278QE monitors. (Also some Acer and Dell/Alienware models.)

(Our use case has been OpenGL Quad-Buffered stereo on Linux/X11 with NVidia Quadro's. Work, where applications draw 3D, rather than the "NVidia Windows driver computes left/right from game data".)

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
My brother uses a 2016 LG OLED and some old modded driver/windows version to get 3D. I don't think it would work at all on modern video cards. VR actually looks much more 3D than 3D ever did.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
yes i can confirm my 2016 LG OLED has polarized 3D.
But i thought you needed Active shutter 3D for 3d N Vision.

mv2devnull

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2010
i thought you needed Active shutter 3D for 3d N Vision.
Indeed. The NVidia 3D Vision glasses were active shutter type. In principle, you just need high refresh rate display.

Some "3D Vision ready" displays had builtin IR-emitter. The glasses do need sync signal to shut at right time, and that was via wire, IR, or radio. A separate IR/radio emitter did connect to 3-pin mini-DIN, which only more expensive Quadros had.

If you do need the display to have the emitter ... chances are really slim. VG278H had one, but that model did show up decade ago. The VG278Q's did not have emitter.

With polarized display one needs different type of glasses and resolution is cut in half (don't know if it is horizontal or vertical) as the two images are interlaced.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
My older ROG Swift (PG278Q) supports 3D Vision.

Although, when is a DLP ever truly near its end of life? The one thing that I loved about DLP sets is how easy they were to fix. I used to have a Mitsubishi 65C9, and I had to replace its DMD panel, bulb (surprise), and the power supply. I actually still have the 3D adapter for that TV and the Optoma glasses lying around too!