Question nVidia 3060Ti Reviews Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000

Performance is ok but I'm not really interested in yet another 8GB card.

Last edited:

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Wow. If you were griping about the $80 step up from the 6800 to the 6800xt, the $100 difference to step up to the 3070 is really salty.

Just read Tom's start to finish. Now I am even less enthusiastic about the 3070, but the $400 3060ti is going to move the bar for a lot folks. And it's cheaper than a new console :D

Reactions: Tlh97 and Elfear

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Will be interesting to see how a 6700XT slots in to the price performance mix here. If its a relatively tiny 300-250mm die with similar performance, it might end up with more room to play on price when things settle down.

That could be a long time from now and AMD has shown a willingness to price their cards right at the same level as Nvidia if they have similar performance. Until they have excess supply don't expect any kind of price war.

There is a slight advantage for AMD launching second. They get to tailor their price performance to come in a bit better than the NVidia offering, so that is what I expect.

Possibly a bit more performance and 12GB of VRAM for $400.

Price is the easiest thing to adjust about a product. The hardware, clocks, etc. are much more difficult or take considerably more time. Price cuts can happen over night.

If Navi 22 has 96 MB of Infinity cache and it works about as well for 1080p and 1440p, then the 6700-series cards should have some monster performance in those categories.

Reactions: Tlh97

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Newegg must have learned a lesson from the prior launches, as they are not letting me access their website through my VPN. They usually hit me with a few Captcha pages before letting me look at components, but since today it's been a big 'ole nope.

Edit: It looks like they are blocking particular IP addresses they determined users running scripts. Once I used a few different servers, I was able to connect to their site again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tlh97 and Mopetar

maddogmcgee

Apr 20, 2015
Doesn't look like they available here (Australia) yet despite it being the second. Do these launches usually go on US time and if so, what American time zone?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Did I miss something? Weren't the cards scheduled to be released @ 9AM EST? That was a few minutes ago, and BestBuy.com still shows all four of their models as "Coming Soon", and Newegg doesn't turn up anything in searches for "RTX 3060 ti". :(

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
Did I miss something? Weren't the cards scheduled to be released @ 9AM EST? That was a few minutes ago, and BestBuy.com still shows all four of their models as "Coming Soon", and Newegg doesn't turn up anything in searches for "RTX 3060 ti". :(

There's a banner for 3060Ti on Newegg's front page, all sold out.

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
Funny... it's usually AMD that gets the accusations for "paper launches". Seems like NVidia is just as guilty of it this year.

Yeah, Ampere and RDNA2 have both been paper launches. Yes, demand is crazy high, but there are also very few cards to go around. Hopefully it gets better before too long into 2021.

ozzy702

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2011
As expected, paper launch just like all AMD and NVIDIA products this fall/winter. At this rate I'll be surprised if regular stock availability happens before April.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Even if they had more of these available, the demand for a $400 card is also a lot higher because there are more potential buyers.

It appears that eBay still has a few in stock. It looks like the lowest one I could find with actual bids was going for about $600. None of the $700+ listings are getting any action. There are a few people who have bid up an image of a 3060 Ti to a few hundred dollars though. Not a pretty picture regardless of how you split it.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I was waiting @ BestBuy for their cards to be released for purchase, and I was probably idly mousing around, and their little chat-help thing popped out from the side.

I was like, "ah-HA! BestBuy is listing the cards permanently as 'Coming Soon', to foil botters, and you have to chat a live agent to get a secret link to buy the actual cards. Brilliant!".

Alas, upon waiting 30 minutes for a chat agent, I found out that I was giving BestBuy's management waaaay too much credit, and that there was no "secret link to purchase", as the chat agent said that they were waiting to get a card too, and that they couldn't give me any secret link.

:(

Edit: Well, BestBuy released some Founder's Edition cards (which wouldn't have been at all bad, IMHO), but by the time that I was in my cart, and checking out, they made me "select a store" (to pick-up, on Dec. 9), and the only one listed, was 85 mi. away. Thanks, Bestbuy. :( (Item said "online only" - you WOULD have thought that they were shipping these cards, rather than using this opportunity as a lame excuse to get people to visit their stores.)

Last edited:

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Funny... it's usually AMD that gets the accusations for "paper launches". Seems like NVidia is just as guilty of it this year.

It's not a paper launch. These were showing up in warehouses and stores around the world for weeks. I have seen reports on reddit today of them in stock at multiple physical stores around the world. I'm in Canada and pay more attention to those. Some Canadian physical stores appear to still have stock (as of 10:50 AM EST).

Online will be a different story, with everyone set to frenzy at the moment of launch, along with scalpers, bots, online can't handle that kind of demand, and will sell through nearly instantly, if the servers don't crash under the load amplification of people sending bots to multiple locations at the same time...

Edit: Canada Computers Stock still existed at 11:24, just checked at 11:38 it appears gone now...

Last edited:

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I was waiting @ BestBuy for their cards to be released for purchase, and I was probably idly mousing around, and their little chat-help thing popped out from the side.

I was like, "ah-HA! BestBuy is listing the cards permanently as 'Coming Soon', to foil botters, and you have to chat a live agent to get a secret link to buy the actual cards. Brilliant!".

Alas, upon waiting 30 minutes for a chat agent, I found out that I was giving BestBuy's management waaaay too much credit, and that there was no "secret link to purchase", as the chat agent said that they were waiting to get a card too, and that they couldn't give me any secret link.

:(

Edit: Well, BestBuy released some Founder's Edition cards (which wouldn't have been at all bad, IMHO), but by the time that I was in my cart, and checking out, they made me "select a store" (to pick-up, on Dec. 9), and the only one listed, was 85 mi. away. Thanks, Bestbuy. :( (Item said "online only" - you WOULD have thought that they were shipping these cards, rather than using this opportunity as a lame excuse to get people to visit their stores.)

They super dumped both AMD's and Nvidia's newest offerings....In store pickup only with no shipping options available. Nothing within 250 miles of me.

Last edited:

guachi

Nov 16, 2010
The 5700XT was a great value at $400. The HUB video clearly shows it beating the 2060S. I can see many 2060S owners upgrading to a 3060Ti but no 5700XT owners would ever upgrade. The 20% performance increase is nice and currently puts the 3060Ti in the spot as best value card but it's not worth upgrading for.

Nvidia will sell a ton of these until AMD releases a 6700XT (or the 5700XT drops in price $50-100).

The 3060Ti really shows what horrible value the entire 30 series is.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
The 5700XT was a great value at $400. The HUB video clearly shows it beating the 2060S. I can see many 2060S owners upgrading to a 3060Ti but no 5700XT owners would ever upgrade. The 20% performance increase is nice and currently puts the 3060Ti in the spot as best value card but it's not worth upgrading for.

Nvidia will sell a ton of these until AMD releases a 6700XT (or the 5700XT drops in price $50-100).

The 3060Ti really shows what horrible value the entire 30 series is.

Seriously, though... would you upgrade any piece of computer hardware for just a 20% performance boost? I feel like I'm wasting my time and money if my new part isn't at least twice as fast as the old one.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Seriously, though... would you upgrade any piece of computer hardware for just a 20% performance boost? I feel like I'm wasting my time and money if my new part isn't at least twice as fast as the old one.
For graphics cards, 50% has always been my minimum
For processors, I'm happy with 20% upgrade ~ I'd still be using my overclocked i7-2600k and still waiting, if I was holding out on something twice as fast for my gaming use :)

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Looks like a pretty solid deal. I haven't seen the EVGA FTW3 show up in any reviews yet, but I did see it in a YouTube video that benchmarked it against the 3070 and it put up some impressive results. At 1080p it's usually only a few frames behind the 3070 and even though it isn't really meant to be a 4K card it still puts up impressive numbers in many titles and is often no more than 10% behind the 3070. I'm assuming that it has excellent thermals. I saw that a lot of AIB models were listed as having a $70 to $100 markup, but I think $50 is fair for the better build quality and the extra boost clock.