nVidia 190.38 profile AA not working

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Has anyone checked to see if this is only affecting AA, or is it an issue with profiles in general? I can confirm the AA issue on Win 7, but I only have a single card so I have no idea if SLI profiles are affected.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
This is a quote from the site's forum linked to by the OP's:

It also affects 190.15 and 190.56

nVidia is doing behind the scenes stuff with how the profiles work according to Grestorn (the nHancer author) and some of his beta testers. It would be nice if they didn't break stuff while they are working on it though, its happened a couple of times in the past.

Now you (probably) know what is really up
rose.gif

i'm back from the doctors .. and now to work :p

TC91

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2007
Originally posted by: nitromullet
Has anyone checked to see if this is only affecting AA, or is it an issue with profiles in general? I can confirm the AA issue on Win 7, but I only have a single card so I have no idea if SLI profiles are affected.

It's every setting as ambient occlusion, AF, and transparency AA do not work on my GTX 285 when using the profiles in 190.38. Have since gone back to 186.18 without any issues.

Apparently using the global settings works but I never tried it since I have too many games and that would be too much of a hassle (would just be like using ati catalyst all over again, ugh. :disgust:)

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by: TC91
Originally posted by: nitromullet

It's every setting as ambient occlusion, AF, and transparency AA do not work on my GTX 285 when using the profiles in 190.38. Have since gone back to 186.18 without any issues.

Apparently using the global settings works but I never tried it since I have too many games and that would be too much of a hassle (would just be like using ati catalyst all over again, ugh. :disgust:)

IIRC, even CCC lets you save multiple global presets so you can sort of make your own 'profiles', but you still have to pop into the CCC to do it. App detection based profiles are the way to go.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
This isn't simply an nHancer issue because if it was, it wouldn?t be nVidia?s problem and I wouldn?t have reported it. From what I?ve seen it also happens with nVidia?s own control panel as well.

Interestingly enough, OpenGL games work fine for me with nHancer, which is why I didn't initially notice the problem (I?m currently replaying Doom 3).

Global settings will work, but not in games that require special AA flags such as Unreal 3 titles. Well not unless you set the flags manually yourself.

I've contacted nVidia and they are looking into it for me.

Compddd

Golden Member
Jul 5, 2000
190.56 fixed the AA not working in Unreal 3 for me.

Did the new drivers fix it for anyone else as well?

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Using 190.62 + RivaTuner224c + nhancer 2.5.2 b2
without any issues.
In fact, a lot of bugs are now gone for me (trippy sandbags in BF2, for instance)

TC91

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2007
Haven't tried nhancer, but the stock NVIDIA control panel in 190.62 does not work for me when using the individual profiles.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
The driver readme for 190.62 is still listing it as a known issue, but under windowed mode. They surely must know by now that it also affects full screen too.

There?s no need for me to upgrade drivers until nHancer is out of beta.

mejobloggs

Aug 17, 2009
Aaah so it's an nvidia driver problem. I thought I was going crazy, thought my card was dying or something

Hmm still not fixed for me. Using 190.62 and global settings, not profiles

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Gorram it. I wish I had seen this before I upgraded.:|