Nutrition bar advice

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I'm taking and 8AM course at the local college on Saturdays, which is immediately followed by a PE course at 11. I don't have a chance to really grab anything to eat and need a boost of energy as we often have a 3-4 mile cross country course to run.

So I'm thinking about just eating a nutrition bar before I get to me PE class. What should I look for. The one I am thinking about has 33 grams of carbohydrates and 12 grams of whey protein. Is this a good combination?

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
I've tried tons of them and Clif Bars are far and away my fave. They have about 240 kcal (mostly complex carbs to boot), almost no fat and 8-12 grams (depending on flavor) of soy protein.

The best thing? They actually really taste good. Kinda like a big soft cookie as opposed to the caramel-goo consistency of most bars. Apricot is my personal favorite flavor. :)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto1
I've tried tons of them and Clif Bars are far and away my fave. They have about 240 kcal (mostly complex carbs to boot), almost no fat and 8-12 grams (depending on flavor) of soy protein.

The best thing? They actually really taste good. Kinda like a big soft cookie as opposed to the caramel-goo consistency of most bars. Apricot is my personal favorite flavor. :)

Looks yummy. I will have to try some of those next time. Over 40 grams of carbs too, nice.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Promax bars are my favorite. Usually you have to pick them up a health food store or the internet (which usually has lower prices).

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Some real GOOD bars that are everywhere are the Powerbar Protein Plus bars. 24g of protein, around 30-35 grams of carbs (simple and complex), and minimal fats. Great energy booster and the taste is decent.