Nursery rhymes put kids 'at risk': Humpty Dumpty and Jack and Jill both had trauma, but no consequences!

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
12,755
3
0
They are concerned that characters in popular rhymes suffer major injuries without receiving proper treatment.

Text
 

HOWITIS

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2001
2,165
0
76
they tried to put humpty back together again, what more do they want.
 

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
50,422
8
81
Originally posted by: HOWITIS
they tried to put humpty back together again, what more do they want.
LOL...... :D

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water
Jack fell down, broke his crown.. and Jill called the paramedics?

Hmm...

No.
 

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
18,368
11
81
This kinda stuff is really funny... stupidity at it's finest. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lawsuit about Hansel and Grettle being discriminatory against witches and the wicken belief or whatever you call it.
 

jobberd

Banned
Mar 30, 2001
2,057
0
0
Sorry to ruin your fun guys, but:
Children are told these stories "without people stopping to really look at what's happened", according to the tongue-in-cheek research.
 

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
7,024
0
0
so...if i suck my thumbs, the scissor man doesnt really come to cut them off?
 

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
5,466
0
76
Actually, I think that all the king's horses and all the king's men had a well documented history of bad relations with the big egg community (slow response times to 911 calls, accusations of brutality, etc.).
 

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
18,368
11
81
Originally posted by: PatboyX
so...if i suck my thumbs, the scissor man doesnt really come to cut them off?

No, instead when you're sleeping he sits on your hand with his bare ass...
 

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
18,368
11
81
Originally posted by: sward666
Actually, I think that all the king's horses and all the king's men had a well documented history of bad relations with the big egg community (slow response times to 911 calls, accusations of brutality, etc.).

It's because their funding was cut to fund a new study about how many worthless studies are done every year.