Nurse Alleges Mass Hysterectomies at ICE Detention Center

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Actually, I think we need both. Clear headed investigators are needed to find the truth, but the outrage by the public is needed to make sure that they keep looking until they find it and don't just sweep it under the rug because it would be expedient to do so. Because politically there is going to be pressure to make it all go away. The last thing any politician wants in an election year is a scandal of this scale.
Pretty much. How many outrageous things have we seen out of this administration only to see them get dropped down the memory hole when they perform their *next* outrageous act five minutes later?

Reactions: nickqt

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Trump wouldn't lose evangelical support if he started openly worshiping Satan.

Yes .. I agree for the most part they are baked in ... Although - Some pro-life evangelical leaders are beginning to notice.

https://evangelicalimmigrationtable...isconduct-in-an-immigrant-detention-facility/

As evangelicals who believe in the God-given dignity of every person, including immigrants and those in detention, we have deep concerns about recent reports of non-consensual hysterectomies and other mistreatment suffered by migrant women detained at the Irwin County Detention Center in Georgia. If these allegations prove to be true, we condemn them in the strongest possible terms and call for those responsible to be held accountable. The violation of these female immigrant detainees is an affront to our pro-life ethic.

Now ... Are any of them Trump supporters that are turning against him, or at least plan on publicly denouncing him and his administration specifically? ... Who the fuck knows?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Yes .. I agree for the most part they are baked in ... Although - Some pro-life evangelical leaders are beginning to notice.

https://evangelicalimmigrationtable...isconduct-in-an-immigrant-detention-facility/

Now ... Are any of them Trump supporters that are turning against him, or at least plan on publicly denouncing him and his administration specifically? ... Who the fuck knows?

They are as concerned as Susan Collins. If Trump isn’t careful he might be subjected to a raised eyebrow.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
  • Haha
Reactions: pauldun170

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
So I'm trying to understand this.
In 2013 the DOJ brought charges against this particular gynecologist for trumping up billing charges and trying to cheat the system. He settles for half a million for no further punishment.

Then 6 years later he's the go-to for forcing hysterectomies on immigrant women?

Yeah. There's a lot more under this rock to uncover.

Mar 11, 2004

not surprised at all, is anyone else?

Was she the one that was on (or maybe just about the board) the plane to be deported when she was subpoenaed to answer questions and ICE played the "what, we totally aren't doing this to try and get her out of here before she can tell what happened to her!" (I don't think it is?)

I think one or two of the others have already been deported.

There's also this:

The total number of women known to have been seen by the doctor since 2018 who say they underwent or were pressured to undergo unnecessary treatments has risen to 57 — a higher number than previously known — according to the group of lawyers.