Nunes. The Cow.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I think we’re about 24 hours away from Hannity claiming that Parnas and Fruman were Obama Clinton Ukrainian Deep State spies all along, and that their sole aim over the past several years was to ensnare Trump and fellow Republicans in a criminal scheme and turn state’s evidence.
It would be weird as this was all coordinated with Fox, timed messages, everything.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
When do you all think Nunes will files lawsuits against CNN an the daily breast?

It'll likely happen. When it gets tossed out it will be because of the Deep State conspiracy & the Lugenpresse, obviously.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
When do you all think Nunes will file lawsuits against CNN an the daily breast?

I wouldn't be surprised if he does as he will once again sue in Virginia which lacks a robust anti-SLAPP law. (Hey Democrats in Virginia, now that you have a trifecta you should pass one of these ASAP.)

CNN will walk away with an easy victory here but the purpose of the lawsuits isn't to win, it's to intimidate people to stop them from criticizing Nunes.

Reactions: Meghan54
Feb 4, 2009
I was thinking the same thing, but the Pubs have a knack at turning almost anything into a circus to confuse the chuds.

He’d try something retarded like calling Joe Biden to the stand, then spout a bunch of known Russian Propaganda to make the deplorable’s cheer.

Reactions: cytg111

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Filthy fucking Ukrainians! Corrupt bastards! It was them!
This from the man who at least had access to the real intelligence as head of the CIA. So this is deliberate misinformation from a senior member of the administration.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This from the man who at least had access to the real intelligence as head of the CIA. So this is deliberate misinformation from a senior member of the administration.

He's been lying about all sorts of stuff all along. And he'll keep on doing it, too, with or without Trump to guide him.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Here is Pompeo limping along

What a s h i t s h o w

GOP will never stop investigating, despite lack of evidence (eg Bengahhhhhzi,) that's why I don't understand Ds rush to end the Ukraine hearings and rush to a Senate trial which will go nowhere when there are soooo many credible leads to follow.

End it early, Trump will just say he's acquitted, lie about what they found, and the country will move on, just like after Muller laid an egg.

No consequences, no deterrence, he'll just be up to more scams.

Honestly, just keep this open, follow the evidence, and if it has to run past the election, then so be it.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
GOP will never stop investigating, despite lack of evidence (eg Bengahhhhhzi,) that's why I don't understand Ds rush to end the Ukraine hearings and rush to a Senate trial which will go nowhere when there are soooo many credible leads to follow.

End it early, Trump will just say he's acquitted, lie about what they found, and the country will move on, just like after Muller laid an egg.

Honestly, just keep this open, follow the evidence, and if it has to run past the election, then so be it.
100%. As long as these shit nuggets keep surfacing, why stop? Maybe its media analysis and paychology... the voting segment that matters here may not have the politics-attention span that it takes...I think the dems should keep upping the volume until they are screaming treason at the WH non stop.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
100%. As long as these shit nuggets keep surfacing, why stop? Maybe its media analysis and paychology... the voting segment that matters here may not have the politics-attention span that it takes...I think the dems should keep upping the volume until they are screaming treason at the WH non stop.

I think Ds are gun shy and quick to run.
One blip on the polls or worry about election season and they'll be looking to bail.

As if they can just walk away from this and try to focus on the D platform of M4A or whatever the broad theme of the 2020 campaign is supposed to be.

If it's supposed to be "get Trump out of office and take on corruption," then the last thing I think you would do is fold tent on the massive corruption and bribery investigation into Trump and his cronies. But hey, maybe I'm too clever by half for a DC political strategist.

Reactions: cytg111

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

He will definitely keep committing crimes. Repubs gave him license, the day after the Mueller hearings ended.

Reactions: Bitek

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I'm not sure if this has been explicitly mentioned by Pelosi or anyone in House committees, but Nancy basically mentioned that all the committees that had been investigating Trump's corruption for the last 2 years, are now doing so under the umbrella of impeachment. ....committees. plural.

On Sunday, Shiff didn't really suggest that the investigation was over, but that their committee was finished with their evidence. So, I'm not really convinced that the overall hearings are finished, but that the Intelligence committee is finished with their leads. Perhaps they are just being cagey or perhaps I am just assuming many things, but I don't think it has been ruled out that we will be seeing multiple public and closed-door hearings from multiple committees, right?

There are too many rats crawling out of the Trump sewer to not bring this testimony and evidence to the public, and to inform articles.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I'm not sure if this has been explicitly mentioned by Pelosi or anyone in House committees, but Nancy basically mentioned that all the committees that had been investigating Trump's corruption for the last 2 years, are now doing so under the umbrella of impeachment. ....committees. plural.

On Sunday, Shiff didn't really suggest that the investigation was over, but that their committee was finished with their evidence. So, I'm not really convinced that the overall hearings are finished, but that the Intelligence committee is finished with their leads. Perhaps they are just being cagey or perhaps I am just assuming many things, but I don't think it has been ruled out that we will be seeing multiple public and closed-door hearings from multiple committees, right?

There are too many rats crawling out of the Trump sewer to not bring this testimony and evidence to the public, and to inform articles.

I haven't seen official word, but there was kvetching about keeping the investigation open into next year and not waiting for the court fight on the subpoenas for the principals.
"Letting the people be the jury" next year.

Problem with that is the election system isn't fair and you can't trust the outcome to provide proper oversight.
Say Trump survives Senate vote, Sanders is nominated, then has a heart attack on Halloween, and Trump gets reelected.
Does that mean we just let bygones be bygones and no more investigations into corruption? F that. But if they close the well again (Muller being the first) the claims of witch hunt will ring truer.

I think they are trying to decide what to do next, taking a pause by handing over to Nadler, but I don't trust them not to turn tail at first sign of trouble. They need to see this through to the end, not play for an election bump.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Gawd. There is a point where more evidence is superfluous. We're there. Do it!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Gawd. There is a point where more evidence is superfluous. We're there. Do it!

The problem goes far beyond Trump, perhaps to the core of our Republic. Trump is the surface of something far larger. I'll be glad to let Rudy hang himself and Nunes as well. In fact I'd say it's vital we do just that. I was certainly wanting the process to begin and it has and it needs to complete by ruining some scoundrels.

Reactions: Bitek