Nude pole vaulter video

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Taken from a story on ESPN:

PARIS, France -- A French pole vaulting champion ran naked with his pole through the streets of Paris and posted the video on the Internet, hoping to draw attention to his quest for a new sponsorship deal.

Romain Mesnil, who won a silver medal at the 2007 Athletics World Championships in Osaka, was sponsored by Nike but says his contract expired last year and was not renewed.

"It was probably for budgetary and strategic reasons. It's the crisis," he wrote on his Web site.

Many athletes have reported difficulties obtaining corporate sponsorship as companies cut costs because of the global economic downturn.

In his video, Mesnil runs with his pole as if preparing for a vault at tourist spots like Montmartre and the Pont des Arts across the River Seine. A black square has been added to the footage to cover his groin area.

The video has succeeded in drawing attention to Mesnil's plight, at least in France. It was broadcast on prime-time state television news bulletins.

You can check out the YouTube video here. Don't worry, a black bar covers up his junk. ;)

I thought it was a pretty clever way to get attention. I bet Nike is kicking themselves for letting this guy go and not thinking of this idea first. :laugh:

Oct 19, 2000
Hmmmm, I immediately thought of the pole vault high school chick from a couple of years ago, was disappointed when I saw "his" and "he" in the article. :(

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Originally posted by: peritusONE
Hmmmm, I immediately thought of the pole vault high school chick from a couple of years ago, was disappointed when I saw "his" and "he" in the article. :(

;)

S

SlitheryDee

It looks tastefully done, if such a thing is possible. I hope gets something out of it.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: SKORPI0

;)

... I can't believe there is a site like that.

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Originally posted by: PlasmaBomb
Originally posted by: JaYp146

I'm guessing that you're referring to Allison Stokke? : http://pastamanvibration.files...7/allison-stokke11.jpg

Is there any other?

Allison Stokke FTW :D

I came into this thread hoping it was her. Thread does not deliver. :(

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

yep.

suddenly angry with thsi thread.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: zinfamous
Originally posted by: RedArmy
Originally posted by: Fritzo
If I was running naked, I wouldn't need the pole.

;)

Yeah, we'd all need magnifying glasses

:beer:

AAAAHHHHAHAHAHAAHAA....you implied my penis was small instead of big like I originally intended my comment imply.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ
Taken from a story on <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/trackandfield/news/story?

You can check out the YouTube video [L=here.]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZqkqJB_Yeo">ESPN</a> Don't worry, a black bar covers up his junk. ;)
[/quote]

Turn in your man card. now.

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006

;)

AAAAHHHHAHAHAHAAHAA....you implied my penis was small instead of big like I originally intended my comment imply.

AAAAHHHHAHAHAHAAHAA, you pointed out something that was very obvious.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

;)

Don't try to take away from the fact that you got burned... and burned good. :laugh:

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: DrPizza
If someone tried that stunt in the U.S., they'd have to register as sex offenders. :p

and go to court for assault with a deadly weapon?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: gorcorps

;)

Don't try to take away from the fact that you got burned... and burned good. :laugh:

C'mon! My Stewie impression is my only defense in these situations!