Discussion Nuclear Stress Test

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
My last 2 CT scans have shown fat in my heart indicative of myocardial infarction, something I pointed out to my new PCP…. I am waiting on a date for a nuclear stress test ( without exercise)

ALWAYS, look over your scan reports carefully! One Doc noted that I had an echocardiogram…..but didn’t notice that test was done in 2017! . Be your own advocate, question test results be polite of course but nobody cares about your health more than you do!

Now I’ll get another cool radioactive sticker for my collection 😀more importantly I might get some answers about my heart & possible tie in to the multiple brain infractions I have had. It might be stent time or medication change time but at least I will have some answers.

I need the senior flu shot & also need the new COVID booster but am nervous proceeding given my CT results.

My cancer is stable….thank goodness

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
So...in a blackout, we should stand close to Geekbabe...she glows in the dark!

Good on ya for keeping on the docs....way too many of them see way too many people to actually keep track of or remember who you are, let alone any diagnoses or treatments.

• Haha
Reactions: Geekbabe

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I did a stress-test with exercise last year and it wasn't a lot of fun.... nearly fell on my face on the dang treadmill lol!

Fortunately the news was good despite having AFIB in 2020 my heart is overall in pretty good shape.... I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you!

:)

EDIT: And as I've said before all a medical degree does is make the odds of avoiding an inattentive moron higher... it does NOT eliminate them.

We are our number one health-advocates not our doctors!

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I want to hear more about your multiple brain infractions. :p

Pull ovah! Pull ovah! :p

517df5882b66c.jpeg

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I think it used to be called a thallium stress test since that's the source of the radiation they'll be measuring.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Now I’ll get another cool radioactive sticker for my collection 😀more importantly I might get some answers about my heart & possible tie in to the multiple brain infractions I have had. It might be stent time or medication change time but at least I will have some answers.

The last one on my punch card was eating radioactive eggs. I forget what the test is called, but it's the one where YOU become the X-ray & are emitting it, haha!

Turns out I have a histamine intolerance! 60+ symptoms magically vanished upon treatment in the last 2 months!! All from some magic OTC pill I get from Amazon LOL.

Reactions: Charmonium