NU metal??? There's nothing wrong with the OLD metal!!!

Priit

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2000
Agreed, that so-called nu-metal sucks *ss. Those guys mosty don't evem know how to play guitar, not talking about stupid pointless lyrics and other stuff... They give the word "metal" bad taste. Hope this stupidity ends soon...

P.S. Ozzy rulez!

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Guys and gals, I tend to agreed that I really don't like the Nu-metal but do you not realize something. I don't know how old you are but I remember a lot of people bitching and moaning about Pearl Jam and the Grunge Scene in the early 90's.

If you start trashing the new styles it is most likely because you are getting old and just want to hold onto what you like.

Personally, I haven't heard a good metal album in a few years. I hope the new Slayer kicks ass.

Jim

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
Those of you who like old metal should check out Impulse Music. Their prices are not the greatest, but they have an amazing selection of new stuff from the metal bands of the 80's. Lot's of those bands still release albums overseas.

BlackSoul

Feb 13, 2001
Don't hold your breath slipperyslope, Tom Araya has been hanging out with Max and Soulfly, and the like. He has stated that the new album will have alot of Soulfly like elements to it *puke*. We can rest assured that Korn and all that other CRAP will go the route of grunge and hair metal. Odin will save us all!

BlackSoul

Feb 13, 2001
Basically Elladan, Korn, Korn Chamber....err Coal Chamber, Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, Papa Roach etc. etc. etc. Really rap with guitars.

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Blacksoul,

Soulfly sucked from day one(IMO). Actually their first album was sort of ok. It was nothing compared to any Sepultura album. Max is nothing without Sepultura and Sepultura is nothing without Max.

The only band that I really like that continues to put out quality stuff is In Flames.

Jim

xraymongral

Banned
Nov 25, 2000

<< I don't know how old you are but I remember a lot of people bitching and moaning about Pearl Jam and the Grunge Scene in the early 90's. >>

If you remember, Pearl Jam was not a &quot;grunge&quot; band until after 10 came out. Now that was a good album, good guitars and all.

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000
slipperyslope, I totally agree with you that In Flames has only quality songs :) I've been listening to their songs since I discovered this band in '99 and got all of their albums.

Subterranean (In Flames)

Priit

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2000
Yeah, In Flames kicks ass, I have been their fan since beginning and haven't dissapointed yet. Technically they're doing exactly same thing over and over again but it's so damn good to listen. Don't know about you guys but I found Sepultura's latest album (&quot;Nation&quot;) to be pretty listenable: is Max back?

More than bands like Limp Bizkit I hate their wannabe fans: those people often assuring that their idols are the only ones making the &quot;right&quot; metal music: those wannabe &quot;metalhead&quot; often even doesn't know who Ozzy Osbourne is...

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
I will say that Nation is better than the first album they released without Max. I stay open-minded about it but I just can't get into it. BTW I hate Fred Durst's whiny voice. It just plain annoys me.

Jim

Mikal

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2001
Ah jezzzzzz, Motorhead &quot;Live at Hammersmith&quot; Strap in, youngstas!

BlackSoul

Feb 13, 2001
I really liked In Flames up until Whoracle which IMO was the beginning of the end, when they started to switch from death vocals to clean vocals. The whole NWOSDM scene has just become too stagnant these days, EXCEPT for Dark Tranquillity who continue to be godlike.

NP: Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk

Mikal

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2001
Sweet Leaf

ALRIGHT NOW!!
Won't you listen?

When I first met you, didn't realize
I can't forget you, for your supriSe
you introduced me, to my mind
And left me wanting, you and your kind

I love you, Oh you know it

My life was empty forever on a down
Until you took me, showed me around
My life is free now, my life is clear
I love you sweet leaf, though you can't hear

Come on now, try it out

Straight people don't know, what your about
They put you down and shut you out
you gave to me a new belief
and soon the world will love you sweet leaf

BlackSoul

Feb 13, 2001
ANY Sabbath is better than NU Metal, even post Ozzy (which IMO is not Sabbath, Ozzy WAS Sabbath)! You guys shouldn't complain too much. I have a 14 y/o son and guess what he likes....you got it NU Metal. It is always a competition at our house, but I have more more money and can afford a BIG stereo, so...I win! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

NP: In Flames - Gyroscope

BlackSoul

Feb 13, 2001

<< Sweet Leaf - what a song that is >>

OMG, it is Black Sabbath, I thought EVERYBODY had heard this song! :Q