*NSFW*epic skittles commercial

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Dude, chill out, I understand you probably have some crazy set of values in GA, but most of us are ok with poking fun at sex. To say that it's only funny if your an idiot really underlines how bigoted your mindset is, time to revaluate man.

he's no prude for thinking that's not funny.

he thinks it isn't funny because it isn't funny. seriously, it is the type of joke/image that a 14 year-old would dig.

that's why it isn't funny.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
... you're allowed to think whatever you want of whomever you want.
QFT

This.

I respond. I do not shrink when I'm challenged by stupidity.

Hmm... but you'll cherry pick someone else's post to fit your position. Shrinkage has been observed.

Negative, sir. Your post contradicted itself. I merely pointed out all that was necessary to "defend" myself.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Jesus Christ are we really the most pathetic losers on the internet?
Where else could a Skittles conversation go so horribly wrong?

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Dude, chill out, I understand you probably have some crazy set of values in GA, but most of us are ok with poking fun at sex. To say that it's only funny if your an idiot really underlines how bigoted your mindset is, time to revaluate man.

I'm OK with dirty jokes (if they're funny) and sexuality. Kids think anything referencing sex is funny, even if it's not. Some people still think this after they grow up, which should be embarrassing.

[Butthead]Whoah! Uh huh huh huh. He said "sex."[/Butthead]

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
he's no prude for thinking that's not funny.

he thinks it isn't funny because it isn't funny. seriously, it is the type of joke/image that a 14 year-old would dig.

that's why it isn't funny.

So what your saying is because only some people think it's funny (14 year olds as you say) it is therefore not funny?

How can you say something IS NOT funny, and then admit that some people find it funny? Isn't the definition of "funny" anything that someone finds humorous? If you'd like to say "I don't find it funny", thats ok! but to say "That is not funny" is just plain stupid.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
I'm OK with dirty jokes (if they're funny) and sexuality. Kids think anything referencing sex is funny, even if it's not. Some people still think this after they grow up, which should be embarrassing.

[Butthead]Whoah! Uh huh huh huh. He said "sex."[/Butthead]

If some subset finds it funny, but you disagree, that makes it not funny? I don't follow. Maybe what you mean is "I don't find it funny".

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
So what your saying is because only some people think it's funny (14 year olds as you say) it is therefore not funny?

How can you say something IS NOT funny, and then admit that some people find it funny? Isn't the definition of "funny" anything that someone finds humorous? If you'd like to say "I don't find it funny", thats ok! but to say "That is not funny" is just plain stupid.
14-year-olds think sex is funny. It's not. Do adults laugh whenever they're aroused?

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
WOW

pretty sure that since it's still on "air" (not being removed) it means that it's legit as far as Skittles giving it the OK but I can guarantee you'll never find any trace of official management OK'ing the "Skittles moneyshot"

:hmm:

lets not air this one right next to a episode where children are seen eating cum skittles

Honestly, they should have taken it even further, like him eating up the skittles and then the cleaning lady come in and eat some skittles and then they put some in their pocket and like put all over their ice cream later in the day
EDIT : ORRR, they go to the "Skittles" factory and it's a bunch of sleezy guys jizzing skittles into bags and then they are zipped up and sent to schools for vending machines, and then it shows kids eating it all happy, and then when they go to atrip to the skittles factory they are all like "WTF?!!"

In conclusion: this is wrong if it's officially legit. but funny none-theless. I feel dirty having watched it.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
WOW

pretty sure that since it's still on "air" (not being removed) it means that it's legit as far as Skittles giving it the OK but I can guarantee you'll never find any trace of official management OK'ing the "Skittles moneyshot"

:hmm:

lets not air this one right next to a episode where children are seen eating cum skittles

Honestly, they should have taken it even further, like him eating up the skittles and then the cleaning lady come in and eat some skittles and then they put some in their pocket and like put all over their ice cream later in the day
EDIT : ORRR, they go to the "Skittles" factory and it's a bunch of sleezy guys jizzing skittles into bags and then they are zipped up and sent to schools for vending machines, and then it shows kids eating it all happy, and then when they go to atrip to the skittles factory they are all like "WTF?!!"

In conclusion: this is wrong if it's officially legit. but funny none-theless. I feel dirty having watched it.

You're right. There's some elements of funny in your suggestions. Love the maid idea. :thumbsup:

No kidding, you're better at coming up with a concept than the people who made OP's video.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
You're right. There's some elements of funny in your suggestions. Love the maid idea. :thumbsup:

No kidding, you're better at coming up with a concept than the people who made OP's video.

The big problem here is that just like the Old Spice commercials, we are going to see the "cuminization" of other products.

1. BigMac special sauce
2. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
3. Cascade detergent
4. Shout! bleach pens
5. Johnson&Johnson anti-aging wrinkle cream

Except, these are all ones I would love to watch, just for the offending lulz

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
You really think that's funny? Are you an adult? (actually a serious question)

Not funny. Just interesting to see two SMB3 fans that disagree on this.

I considered an SMB3 avatar for myself, but saw that there were already at least two in ATOT.