NRA slams the President over Hypocrisy

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
It's only January and there are already 2 threads where Incorruptible got publicly ridiculed for his idiocy. LoL, this is good.

Apr 27, 2012
You were saying?

Thanks for providing us with another example of your utter stupidity and your inability to follow along. Well timed on your part.

You think the school will tell the truth, obama cant be trusted since he broke many of his promises such as closing Guantanomo Bay

As well the more important point which I have been constantly raising in the thread is that they have SS which is armed and that proves my point, The only idiot is you

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Holy crap, you've never done security work have you?

I spent 7 years in the military...so I've probably put in a few thousand hours of security work. (much to my dismay, haha)

Maybe it's because I grew up in Pennsylvania and so I knew a bunch of Quakers growing up. Everyone who knows anything about Quakers would know that they wouldn't employ armed guards.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
I spent 7 years in the military...so I've probably put in a few thousand hours of security work. (much to my dismay, haha)

Maybe it's because I grew up in Pennsylvania and so I knew a bunch of Quakers growing up. Everyone who knows anything about Quakers would know that they wouldn't employ armed guards.

I k ow they make pretty good oatmeal and motor oil.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001

Lol touche. I still think that its poor policy to discuss security details with the public. Especially with how popular we're making school shootings these days.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
No you didn't, The fact you resort to insults just shows you have lost the debate

No. That's as intellectually dishonest as every other premise you've had. He can insult you and you can lose the debate at the same time.

In fact it just happened.

ModerateRepZero

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2006
404: hypocrisy not found.

As others have pointed out, first of all, Sidwell Friends has no armed guards.

Second, while the Secret Service is armed, they are not employed by Sidwell Friends, nor are they on the premises when the First Daughters's safety is an issue. In other words, Secret Service is there and ONLY there for the First Daughters. So to say that they are armed guards for Sidwell is incorrect.

From a Washington Post blog comment:

As a Quaker since 1969, I can guarantee you that no Quaker edifice of any kind, much less a school, has armed guards. I can also guarantee you that Quakers in general are opposed to violence, based on the one fundamental principle that all Quakers agree upon, notably: "There is that of God in every person." So that, if you kill someone else, you are killing "that of God" in them.

Quakers even debate about whether they should have locked doors. My home Meeting in Rochester NY debated for some time about how to deal with the fact that the entry to our building is on the first floor, while the Meeting is held on the 2nd. The building is in a high crime area. To lock the doors would be to lock people out of worship. So someone volunteers each week to welcome any latecomers. And no, the greeter isn't armed, and no one would even IMAGINE arming them.

Quakers believe in the power of love to overcome evil. By living in the light, becoming living witnesses to Jesus' message to love all, including one's enemies, to turn the other cheek (all to be found in Matthew 5).

The very idea that a Quaker school would have armed guards is more than ludicrous.