NRA in turmoil, gun manufacturers going bankrupt, Thanks Trump

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
So you can NOT dispute his post and what do you do? Insult, name calling, and all of liberal usual tactics. How sad and pathetic.

Here you go, suck on this -

So what now? What other names are you and your ilks going to use on these new gun buyers? No penis? Oh wait....they are females. LOL.

I didn't mention penis in my post but you did in your reply. I said "ammosexual". If your first thought about guns is "penis" then that's on you bub. Kind of like when someone says "cheerleaders" your immediate response is "little girls". Your mind works in some interesting ways.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I didn't mention penis in my post but you did in your reply. I said "ammosexual". If your first thought about guns is "penis" then that's on you bub. Kind of like when someone says "cheerleaders" your immediate response is "little girls". Your mind works in some interesting ways.

Funny how you "FORGOT" my other points in the same post....." Insult, name calling,..."

ammosexual = Ammosexual: A person who exhibits an extreme love of firearms, possibly to the point of fetishization. Coined from ammunition and sexual, with sonic overtones of homosexual.

= (slang, derogatory)

You were saying?

BTW, you did state in public that you would put me on ignore because you were being an annoying pest. How could you was able to see my post to reply? Uh huh.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Funny how you "FORGOT" my other points in the same post....." Insult, name calling,..."

ammosexual = Ammosexual: A person who exhibits an extreme love of firearms, possibly to the point of fetishization. Coined from ammunition and sexual, with sonic overtones of homosexual.

= (slang, derogatory)

You were saying?

BTW, you did state in public that you would put me on ignore because you were being a pest. How could you was able to see my post to reply? Uh huh.

WTF is your point? Yes it was an insult to those buying guns it was not. Congrats you were able to figure that out all on your own, little Einstein.

BTW I didn't call the poster I responded to an ammosexual.

As for the rest of the post, yes dig into your files of those who have wronged you and whine about it here.

Reactions: Meghan54

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
WTF is your point? Yes it was an insult to those buying guns it was not. Congrats you were able to figure that out all on your own, little Einstein.

BTW I didn't call the poster I responded to an ammosexual.

As for the rest of the post, yes dig into your files of those who have wronged you and whine about it here.

Again, the point of my original post to you was ...Do You Have Anything To Dispute His Assertion? Yes or No?

If Yes. Post a link or two to dispute his assertion or hit the road. So far, you and the other poster were critical of his post but you two have NOTHING to back up your assertion/statements. This is all you have so far......"So ammosexuals stocking up hoping for the boogaloo? The gun lobby appreciates your pants wetting." ......That's it? That's how you want to debate? Good grief.

BTW, I just point out how liberals love to talk the talk about "intellectual superior", "honesty", "inclusive", "open minded", "tolerance"...<insert more feel good slogans here> but can't walk the walk. Don't want to remind of what you posted? Then don't post them. You guys love to post of what others said days, months, or even years ago but now the shoe is on the the foot, you whine and cry about it? LOL. Another perfect example of "do what you say and not as you do".

When are you going to put me back on ignore then tell everyone about it? LOL.

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Again, the point of my original post to you was ...Do You Have Anything To Dispute His Assertion? Yes or No?

If Yes. Post a link or two to dispute his assertion or hit the road. So far, you and the other poster were critical of his post but you two have NOTHING to back up your assertion/statements.

Good grief.

BTW, I just point out how liberals love to talk the talk about "intellectual superior", "honesty", "inclusive", "open minded", "tolerance"...<insert more feel good slogans here> but can't walk the walk. Don't want to remind of what you posted? Then don't post them. You guys love to post of what others said days, months, or even years ago but now the shoe is on the the foot, you whine and cry about it? LOL. Another perfect example of "do what you say and not as you do".

When are you going to put me back on ignore then tell everyone about it? LOL.
He didn’t post anything to refute. He drew conclusions based on limited data just as you did that are not supported by that data. We don’t know why people were buying those guns, or who they are or even their political affiliation. I responded to hyperbole with hyperbole.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
He didn’t post anything to refute. He drew conclusions based on limited data just as you did that are not supported by that data. We don’t know why people were buying those guns, or who they are or even their political affiliation. I responded to hyperbole with hyperbole.

So you have nothing? Color me shock. Not.

Here is another link or two for you. Look like this company is doing very well (and it is not alone) -

And I thought they (gun manufacturers) would be in bankruptcy court from what you guys were saying. Uh huh.

It is like by looking at Sears, Kmart, JCPenny, and others companies in trouble and say "omg, retails are so bad..thanks GOP and DT" while ignoring Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: mistercrabby

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
So you have nothing? Color me shock. Not.

Here is another link for you. Look like this company is doing very well -

And I thought they would be in bankruptcy court. Uh huh.
I know it’s shocking I said we don’t have the data. Therefore we can’t draw conclusions based on evidence of the reasons behind the increase in gun sales. I don’t think anyone in this thread is disputing the number of background checks that were run, that’s an easily verifiable fact. What is in dispute is drawing conclusions from that single fact other than more guns were sold than before. Now do you have data they breaks that number down based on factors such as race, sex, political affiliations, first time gun buyer or adding to an existing collection, etc. With that kind of data you could start to discuss what is driving the surge in gun sales. Without it, it’s just feels man.

mistercrabby

Mar 9, 2013
Brycehoney, do your own homework if that’s the level of detail you want to get into. My main point was to give the stupid premise the OP vomited out a poke in the eye. Didn’t take much.

Where is the witty defense of that? Just lots of typical lefty drivel instead.

If you want to deep dive into why people are buying guns and ammo in record numbers, do your own research. Not my job. I made my case, now make yours. From the weak-ass repartee I’ve read so far, it’s not bloody likely.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I know it’s shocking I said we don’t have the data. Therefore we can’t draw conclusions based on evidence of the reasons behind the increase in gun sales. I don’t think anyone in this thread is disputing the number of background checks that were run, that’s an easily verifiable fact. What is in dispute is drawing conclusions from that single fact other than more guns were sold than before. Now do you have data they breaks that number down based on factors such as race, sex, political affiliations, first time gun buyer or adding to an existing collection, etc. With that kind of data you could start to discuss what is driving the surge in gun sales. Without it, it’s just feels man.

So you have nothing, ZERO, nada, zip, to support your assertion and yet you want the moon from the opponent? LOL.

Here is another one for my assertion. Smith and Wesson stock price is up to over $22 from the low of $6 (within the last year or so). Ruger is up to $78 from the low of $41 (within the last year).

Oh no...bankruptcy..Uh huh.

I want to say it again. It is like by looking at Sears, Kmart, JCPenny, and others companies in financial trouble and saying "omg, retails are so bad..thanks GOP and DT" while ignoring Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Brycehoney, do your own homework if that’s the level of detail you want to get into. My main point was to give the stupid premise the OP vomited out a poke in the eye. Didn’t take much.

Where is the witty defense of that? Just lots of typical lefty drivel instead.

If you want to deep dive into why people are buying guns and ammo in record numbers, do your own research. Not my job. I made my case, now make yours. From the weak-ass repartee I’ve read so far, it’s not bloody likely.

Sorry but it’s YOUR job to provide data to support the assertions you originally made in this thread. You haven’t done so. I thought you guys were the party of personal responsibility and all that.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
So you have nothing, ZERO, nada, zip, to support your assertion and yet you want the moon from the other side? LOL.

Here is another one for my assertion. Smith and Wesson stock price is up to over $22 from the low of $6 (within the last year or so). Oh no...bankruptcy..Uh huh.
Since it may not have sunk in the first time:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So, I went back and looked at the Salon article the OP linked and it’s a pretty standard lefty anti-2A piece. Not much to it.

The gist being 1. the NRA is losing funding, mainstream support is eroding and it’s leadership is dysfunctional. 2. The firearms industry is bottoming out and heading down the tubes.

I stipulate the obvious foolfuckery exhibited by the NRA leadership, especially and primarily it’s president. The other conclusions are laughable and a gun grabbers wet dream.

The follow-on comments from the vast majority of posts are typical rehash of anti- NRA, 2A, gun owner, gun industry narrative.

I say this to ask a few challenging questions toward the original premise to follow as separate posts...

I still don't know what a "gun-grabber" is. I've never seen one in my life.

< evil lefty asshole gun-owning, straight, cis-gendered, liberal, "constitutionalist," Jeffersonian, southern, democrat, likes to shoot shit and drink beer. Lived on all coasts, has friends in the queerest of states: Texas, and SD, and others....

...oh and read.

Ah! I think it's the literacy thing. lol! I think it's because I can read! This must be what separates me from conservative retards.

carry on.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
2. Do you really think all gun owners are, gleaning from many, many responses here, stupid incest babies, nut jobs, racists, forever trumpers, right wingers, rubes, pussies, etc, bad people, etc?

All gun owners?

no.

the ones that stroke their guns at night before going to bed; the same ones that watch and listen to right wing yelling all day?

Yes, those people. That's all they are.

(note that I mentioned that these are people that have no ability to read--yes, I have them in my family, too. I get it. I get it all too well. Don't pretend you are better than that shit)

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Since it may not have sunk in the first time:

I already have several links and data points to support my assertion while you have NOTHING.

I am done with you in this thread. Keep yelling.."but..but...but..more details, more data but don't expect anything from me".. Must be new rule of debate from liberals..LOL.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

= (slang, derogatory)

You were saying?

BTW, you did state in public that you would put me on ignore because you were being an annoying pest. How could you was able to see my post to reply? Uh huh.

this guy, and his binders full of members.

NEVER FORGET!

• Haha

mistercrabby

Mar 9, 2013
Feel this one slide between your lips, across your tongue and try not to gag...

What!! This doesn’t fit the uninformed, lefty narrative at all. Can you feel it tickling your tonsils?

From the NAGGA website:

Presently 19% of African Americans nationwide own firearms. Since at least 2015, this percentage has grown, with doctors, lawyers, dentists, business men and women, plumbers, single moms, republicans, democrats, and many more all becoming active firearm owners in today’s society.

Gosh, you mokes are so easy. No wonder the greatest douchebag of a generation is going to get re-elected.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Gotta love how you dismissed my links and the other poster's assertion while you are still UNABLE to provide anything to back up your assertions.

Remember these gems of yours?

"Trump drones"

" been fooled"

"driven by misinformation"

"irrational fear"

I asked you already where are the supports of your assertions/statements and so far, nothing.

You were saying something about "basic failures of logic and critical thinking"

Failing grade you said? LOL. Do as you say and not as you do, eh? Uh huh.

I knew you'd try to turn around that rather than acknowledging the basic flaws in your own argument. It's not that hard:

Fox News and fellow hyper-partisan outlets have been deliberately exaggerating the scope of rioting, making it seem as if it's commonplace when it's actually quite rare. Among other things, Fox is notorious for having doctored images and, of course, relying on fearmongering from its op-ed hosts. And the Trump link? Well, it's no secret that Trump also fearmongers over BLM, and Fox fawns over Trump most of the time.

Now, it's well established that Fox News by itself not only has a significant portion of TV and online news readership in the US, but that those viewers and readers are highly suggestible. That's a lot of people who could scared witless by seeing manipulated images and yelling hosts who make it sound like BLM is anarchy incarnate.

And if you're a conservative who's scared witless, what do you do? You're more likely to buy a gun than a liberal counterpart, that's for sure.

Now, that's not to say everyone panic-buying a gun is a Fox/Trump devotee, but historical patterns suggest they're more likely to be part of that group.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

How very violent and strangely homoerotic of you.

what's the deal?

lol--did you know that this was the specific overriding trope of "Nazi" films from the 40s-late 60s?

hahhaha. This guy.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

What!! This doesn’t fit the uninformed, lefty narrative at all. Can you feel it tickling your tonsils?

From the NAGGA website:

Presently 19% of African Americans nationwide own firearms. Since at least 2015, this percentage has grown, with doctors, lawyers, dentists, business men and women, plumbers, single moms, republicans, democrats, and many more all becoming active firearm owners in today’s society.

Gosh, you mokes are so easy. No wonder the greatest douchebag of a generation is going to get re-elected.
so? you realize that number is small in comparison to the total number of white people in the United states?
Which i believe I read that 30% of all white people own guns...
Your numbers a screwed up due to the amount of all white people and all colored people... the numbers are not even close!
Last time I checked the 2nd amendment gave all people the right to bear arms........so what is thew issue?
That was way too easy!!

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I knew you'd try to turn around that rather than acknowledging the basic flaws in your own argument. It's not that hard:

Fox News and fellow hyper-partisan outlets have been deliberately exaggerating the scope of rioting, making it seem as if it's commonplace when it's actually quite rare. Among other things, Fox is notorious for having doctored images and, of course, relying on fearmongering from its op-ed hosts. And the Trump link? Well, it's no secret that Trump also fearmongers over BLM, and Fox fawns over Trump most of the time.

Now, it's well established that Fox News by itself not only has a significant portion of TV and online news readership in the US, but that those viewers and readers are highly suggestible. That's a lot of people who could scared witless by seeing manipulated images and yelling hosts who make it sound like BLM is anarchy incarnate.

And if you're a conservative who's scared witless, what do you do? You're more likely to buy a gun than a liberal counterpart, that's for sure.

Now, that's not to say everyone panic-buying a gun is a Fox/Trump devotee, but historical patterns suggest they're more likely to be part of that group.

So more wordings from you and still no link? No data? Nothing? Uh huh. Love your assertion of "that's for sure"..and "historical patterns" without a shred of evidence for support those statements.

Gotta love how you bash Fox News but "forgot" to mention how "honest" CNN, NBC, Washington Post, and other liberal "news" outlet.

Remember this?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/07/media/cnn-settles-lawsuit-viral-video/index.html

Integrity, honesty, pure journalism, right? LOL Shall I go on? Like how MSN/NBC edited the audio of the T. Martin incident? You were saying about failing grade? LOL.

BTW, I don't have cable or satellite at home (only rabbit ear) so no cable news so no Fox News for me.

As I said to the other poster...until you have some links and/or data to dispute my assertion, I am done with you in this thread.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
So more wordings from you and still no link? No data? Nothing? Uh huh.

Gotta love how you bash Fox News but "forgot" to mention how "honest" CNN, NBC, Washington Post, and other liberal "news" outlet.

Remember this?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/07/media/cnn-settles-lawsuit-viral-video/index.html

Integrity, honesty, pure journalism, right? LOL Shall I go on? Like how MSN/NBC edited the audio of the T. Martin incident? You were saying about failing grade? LOL.

BTW, I don't have cable or satellite at home (only rabbit ear) so no cable news so no Fox News for me.

As I said to the other poster...until you have some links and/or data to dispute my assertion, I am done with you in this thread.
ahahahhaa for every one example there are many more from FOX!! sad....pathetic.....

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
ahahahhaa for every one example there are many more from FOX!! sad....pathetic.....

Did I say anything about how great Fox News is? Nope. Nada. Zip. Did you see the part about me with no cable or satellite? The other poster mentioned Fox so I replied in kind. Those that live in the glass house shall not cast the first stone.

Remember how liberals love to talk about intellectual superior, integrity, honesty, inclusive, tolerance, peace, love, and understanding? Practice what you preach, guys. LOL.

You were saying about pathetic? Uh huh.

Last edited: