NRA having yet another convention this weekend in Texas where guns are not allowed.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Texas is one of the easiest places to buy a gun. Yet the organization that promotes more guns are safer are having another convention where guns are not allowed.

Why?

Yes, the chosen George R. Brown Convention Center doesn't allow guns but they could have chosen a venue that allows guns. They are not doing it, why?

What does that choice say about the proliferation, abundance of guns and their meme "more guns are safer"?

Read the story, it ain't the Secret Service.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well then if guns aren't allowed, it's a perfect opportunity for the gun nutters to protest against the NRA violating their Second Amendment rights to open/conceal carry just about anywhere they like, right?

So the 2A zealots ARE going to protest this restriction of their rights, aren't they? No? Why not? Oh, OK, now I know the real reason why the NRA does not want folks bringing guns to their conventions in Texas:

Gov. Greg Abbott (R) signed a bill last year allowing people to carry concealed handguns without passing a background check and proficiency test that is required for a license.

Irony abounds. Hypocricy hyped hipocritically. lol

Reactions: Pohemi and iRONic

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Of course.

Someone should spray the building with Bud Light

I wish I was rich. I'd buy truckloads of rainbow Bud Light cans and send them to this event, anytime the RNC has anything, every Trump rally, etc. Give the shit away for free and watch them good ol' boys have to choose between the free beer they love and their so called "morals". I'd make sure every one of them that grabs a can gets their picture uploaded to the interwebs for everyone to enjoy.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Jesus, you guys really have it in for people who want to practice self defense don’t you. Who wants to be in a room full of unknown people sporting guns when you would be far safer if none were present. The only place a sane person wants to be armed, is when you have no control at all over who might be mentally I’ll and carrying. Then being armed gives you a chance but at some risk of being shot with your own gun or become a primary target if seen to have one.

Thimk pweeze.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Jesus, you guys really have it in for people who want to practice self defense don’t you. Who wants to be in a room full of unknown people sporting guns when you would be far safer if none were present. The only place a sane person wants to be armed, is when you have no control at all over who might be mentally I’ll and carrying. Then being armed gives you a chance but at some risk of being shot with your own gun or become a primary target if seen to have one.

Thimk pweeze.
You mean like a bar, which a lot of red states now allow?

But we are told more guns make us safer. Were we lied to, again?

Aw shucks.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Lol the orange monkey wants to steal DeSantis idea. He said he will enact nationwide no permit conceal carry.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You mean like a bar, which a lot of red states now allow?

But we are told more guns make us safer. Were we lied to, again?

Aw shucks.
Isn't it up to the bar and if they allow guns inside you would choose to go there? I don't go to bars but I certainly wouldn't go to one that allowed people with guns inside. Alcohol makes people crazy and crazy pulls triggers. Not for me. I'd much prefer to sit here with you at my computer screen and have an old fashioned. I got a bottle of Jack Daniels because they support LGBTQ or whatever that is. Too many letters for my brain.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You mean like a shopping mall, movie theater, restaurant, church, or basically anywhere that you go for entertainment?
You need to be charitable in your thinking. Let me give you an example:

You were hoping to score a point by comparing ordinary places people go with an NRA convention to imply my hypocrisy. I was about to tell you, that as so typical here, people are so anxious to win an argument they fail to think. That is because, in your case here, you did not take into account the difference I assumed would exist between the examples you listed and a convention.

I was about to attempt to show you your lack of analytical skills as you just tried to show me mine, when, by considering your point and the conditional difference I had assumed made them different could have actually been wrong.

In my mind I pictured the NRA convention hall as an area where nobody would be able to enter without being searched unlike the places you mentioned.

So, being charitable in my thinking and aiming for truth over debate victory to the extent I can hold to that value, you may be right. I do not actually know their hall will require a search to enter as I had assumed when I originally made my point.

If they don’t conduct a search then my argument falls. If they do, yours does.

With edited extra charity: At least I think it does.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You mean people don't drink Bud Lite right from the bottle or can? Why would anybody waste a frosted glass on it? I mean, really, you could save on the cost of dish soap AND THE BEER, if you just drank straight from a urinal.